Holiday Season

Holiday Season

with divorced parents

1151
Holiday Season

We all love the holidays and for most people it is their favorite part of the year but for me the holidays tend to be more stress than fun because my parents are divorced.

So I wanted to write about something that every kids who has divorced parents could relate to!

Here are 5 holiday season troubles that come with having divorced parents:

Not knowing where the heck to eat lunch and where to eat dinner on Thanksgiving

Do we go to Mom's for lunch?? Dad's for dinner?? or vice versa?? It's always a struggle and sometimes gets to feel like a tug of war you are stuck in the center of.

Not being able to spend as much time with friends when you're home for the Holidays

Sometimes with divorced parents it is harder to be able to spend time with your friends because both of your parents want to spend their time with you and you feel guilty for not spending time with them so you have to go through this struggle too.

WHERE DO I SPEND THE NIGHT CHRISTMAS EVE

You want to be fair and alternate each year but that ends up sucky because you lose all the tradition that comes with Christmas Eve and Christmas.

Tradition

For years your family has done the same thing for the Holidays but what are you supposed to do when that family is broken? How do you balance the tradition and quality time? I think this is something that is super difficult to figure out.

No NYE party for me

Most the time I get to spend NYE with mom or dad and there is not another option without the guilt trip!