Uncommon Holidays In July

6 Holidays To Celebrate In July​ BESIDES Independence Day

Canada Day and Independence Day are cool and all... But what about July 27th: Take Your Houseplant For A Walk Day?

218
https://pixabay.com/en/sparkler-america-sparkle-fireworks-801902/

July is a pretty wonderful month. The weather is perfect to go explore the outdoors or go for a dip in the pool. You have holidays like Canada Day and the Fourth of July. People celebrate with pride and great food... But there are some other holiday gems that are in the background just waiting to be recognized.

1. July 10th: Teddy Bear Picnic Day

The name of the holiday makes it pretty obvious how you're supposed to celebrate. There isn't a lot of information on this official holiday's origins, but there's speculation that it has to do with a TV show from the 1950s called "Teddy Bears' Picnic".

2. July 13th: Embrace Your Geekness Day

You can thank the good folks at Wellcat Holidays for this one! While this is something you should be doing every day (in my humble opinion), July 13th is the day to celebrate it to the max! Dress up like a Stormtrooper, tell everyone to live long and prosper, or let the world know that traveling through space and time is your shtick. Fly your geek flag with pride and remind everyone that you solemnly swear that you are up to no good.

3. July 13th: National French Fry Day

Maybe "embracing geekness" isn't your thing, but you know what probably is? French fries. Who doesn't love french fries? According to holidaysinsights.com, this holiday came to fruition around the early 2000s. Sure, it's not something that's widely recognized, but any day that gives you a reason to eat something delicious is something worth celebrating.

4. July 20th: Moon Day

Moon Day is meant to honor the day that man first stepped on the moon in 1969. Make this a day that you party under the light of the silvery moon! Unless, of course, you're behind the theory that the U.S. faked the moon landing. In which case, give a round of applause for great cinematography.

5. July 24th: National Tequila Day

This one is like National French Fry Day–tt's not officially recognized, but it's well-known. Grab a couple of friends and feel less guilty about taking shots one after the other in the spirit of celebration.

6. July 31st: National Mutt Day

Dogs deserve love every day, but this day is one that mutts can shine. If you have a mutt for a pup or know somebody with one, make sure to give them some extra love today!