Holiday Gift Guide and Stocking Stuffers: For Your Bestie

Choose the perfect beauty, tech, or travel gift for your best friend!
46

Buying my best friends presents is honestly one of my favorite parts of Christmas - it's great to get your friends something they would never get themselves and something they would never expect. All friendships eventually get to the point where you pick out your gifts and the other one just buys it, but there's nothing wrong with getting them a surprise gift they would never expect. Having trouble deciding? Look no further - I have arranged a mini gift guide to help steer you in the right direction, based on your bestie's interests!

For the Makeup Lover

Some of the best sales of high-end makeup occur around Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but if you missed those sales, Target and Ulta have some great gift sets, ranging from Brushes to ELF blush and shadow kits. If she is more of a lover of body and skin care, soap&glory and other brands offer similar kits, and Bath & Body Works is known for their Holiday scents and kits of shower gels, body creams, exfoliators, and more. They similarly offer sales all month long for December, and if you sign up with them you will usually get exclusive coupons through the mail or through your email. Websites often have sales well into the month of December, especially if they are releasing new Holiday themed merch - it's best to keep an eye on what your bestie's fave brands are, then check out the brands' Instagrams. They will usually post their stories on when their next sales will be. If you aren't sure what she likes, liquid lipsticks in her perfect nude or a neutral eyeshadow palette would be a great start!

For the Homebody

If your best friend prefers to stay home and watch movies or her fave tv show over going out and getting dolled up, then get her an electric blanket! She will appreciate the extra warmth in the winter months. You can get one for $20.00 at Target. If you prefer to get her smaller gifts, make her a small package of an array of snacks, socks, and earbuds. Better yet, get her a couple gift cards to Hulu and Netflix if you are willing and able to drop the cash to help her out with her subscription for a couple months. A comfy set of PJs, slippers, or a robe would also be a great gift. If she likes to pamper herself while she is binge watching her favorite shows, get her some nail polishes, face masks, or hair masks.

For the Traveler

If your friend likes to travel or has to for school, then Target is offering a ton of travel supplies as gifts and stocking stuffers - they have heart shaped mini makeup bags, brush bags, tags for luggage, fluffy eye masks, and more - you can get her a whole matching set so she gets a refreshed traveling kit! Other gifts like a mini makeup bag stuffed with her favorite essentials, a new charger or a portable phone charger, a cute notebook to keep her notes in, and the like would also be great for travelers. Making her life easier as she travels is a great gift, and she will appreciate the thought you put into your choices!

For the Video Gamer

If your friend loves video games, get her a gift card to game stop, or buy her a game you know she's been vying after. If she has a console, get her a card to pay for a subscription for online gaming access. Not sure what game to get her, or which one she doesn't have? Then get her a t-shirt of her favorite characters. If your friend loves merch, this opens up a whole new door of presents: you can get her laptop stickers, buttons, patches, t-shirts, mugs, sweaters, blankets, and just about anything else. Check out redbubble.com for ideas!

For the Music Lover

Your bestie love music? Get her iTunes or Spotify gift cards, new earphones, or a record player and a couple records if you are willing to splurge. If she likes CDs for her car, stock up on some of her favorite artists, or get her cords so she can connect her phone. Amazon also has some great working portable speakers, in case she enjoys listening to music on the go, or while she's cleaning or studying.

And there you have it! If your best friend's interests weren't mentioned here, drop them in the comments below and I will make another gift guide soon. Happy shopping!