What Every Hockey Fan Is Thinking Toward The End Of Summer

Is it October yet?
12

Everyone loves summer. Summer is a great season to vacation, go swimming, pick up some extra shifts, relax, and watch baseball. Baseball. Ugh.

Now, Imma let baseball finish this season, but hockey season is the greatest season of the year.

I live for hockey season. The ice cold hockey rink. The sound of the skates on the ice. The smell of salty pretzels and chicken tenders at the concessions. The spontaneous fights on the ice. The unplanned hat tricks. The cheering of the crowd. The fog horn when there's a goal. The happy drunk fans. The team colors across the stands. The friends made in the seats next to you. I love all of it.

After the Stanely Cup is hoisted in June, there isn't much to do until October. June to October are months of a lot of training and a lot of trading. Work hard, play hard, amirite?

Trading can be difficult. I don't know how other people see their hockey teams, but my team is like family. When they get traded, it can be so heartbreaking. Then we have to get to know all new boys in our colors and on our ice. It's weird.

I love this sport. Hockey is a sport I could never play myself, but I could watch for hours. It is intense, dynamic, tough, and fast-paced. Hockey pumps adrenaline in my veins. Hockey makes me scream at the top of my lungs. Hockey is hands down the best sport in the world.

June to October is a long five months. I miss Wednesday Night Rivalry. I miss outdoor hockey such as the Stadium Series and Winter Classic. I miss the anxiety I get in the final seconds of OT. I miss wearing my jersey. I miss the victory honks in the parking garage. I miss hockey.

Summer is fun and all, but I can't wait for hockey season. Is it October yet?