18 Things That Go Through Every Hockey Fan's Head While Watching The Stanley Cup Playoffs

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

To some people, spring means warmer weather, outdoor activities, and the start of baseball season. To others, it means it's time for playoff hockey. We are in the midst of the 2016 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and are blessed with exciting games almost every night. Whether or not your team made the playoff cut, there's plenty of excitement for every hockey fan. No matter what team you're cheering for this year, there are certain thoughts that are bound to go through your head while watching a game.

1. Go [insert team name]!

No matter which team you are rooting for, you better be going all out cheering for them.

2. This is the only time I will ever root for [insert team name]

For the sake of your bracket, or the sake of your team's top rival losing, there is always that one team that you hate to but have to root for in the playoffs.

3. That really screwed up my bracket

Unfortunately, there's always going to be that one game (or series) that screws up your bracket. (Unless you're practicing witchcraft or something.)

4. I don't even care about this game, I'm just in it for the fights (and the great hockey)

Playoff hockey fights just seem to be better than other hockey fights. I don't know why, but there's probably some scientific reason behind it.

See #4.

6. That's got to hurt

From Henrik Lundqvist getting a stick to the eye to Scott Laughton getting carted off in a stretcher, there have been plenty of painful situations in which we were all hoping for the best.

7. How did that happen?

Sometimes, there is no good explanation for a play. It's better not to question it.

8. How did that goal get in?

There are times when five players are in front of the net and the puck still manages to find the back of the net. It's just one of the many things that makes this game great.

9. How did you miss that?

Sometimes, we think we would be better at making that wide-open shot that Player X missed (even if we have never held a hockey stick).

10. Wait, I just missed that!

Don't blink, or you might miss something crazy.

11. That was an amazing stop

The goalies get paid the big bucks for a reason!

12. That was an amazing goal

There's a reason these players also get paid the big bucks.

13. Wow, these fans are so classy

I'm not going to mention any names, but did you see game three of the Capitals vs. Flyers series?

14. That sucks for them

From unfortunate injuries and unlucky misses, there's always something that makes you say "sucks to suck" to the other team.

15. I hate power plays

They're two minutes of praying that the defense does its job (and the ensuing disappointment when the other team manages to score).

16. I love power plays

They're two minutes of hoping the offense can take advantage of the 5-on-4 and score.

17. Is a 4-0 sweep too much to ask for?

Apparently, the answer to that is yes (at least in the first round).

18. This is stressful

I'm fairly certain that I get more stressed out watching than the players do playing.

19. When is the next game?

As soon as one game ends, it's on to the next. Soon, playoffs will be over and there will be one team left as the Stanley Cup Champion. So get out there, hockey fans, and have some fun cheering your team to victory!