Don't Let Those Pre-College Nerves Affect You, This Is What College Is Really Like

You create your own schedule, you create your own plans, you create your own day.

Kaitlyn Moore
64

As much as we all complain about college and how much it "sucks," do we actually stop ourselves to think how bad it doesn't actually suck. We b*tch and moan about the workload but most of the stress is honestly our own faults.

The next time you are typing a 10-page paper the night before it's due, think about how you could have changed that and make a better choice. We are all susceptible to complaining, I have done it myself. But sometimes the good outweighs the bad...JUST like college. This is what you should be grateful for.

1. You can CHOOSE your classes, class times, and professors

College is so great because you have such a free range of choice. You could go to class at 8 a.m. every day, or 4 p.m., all your choice.

2. You're only in class for 2-3 hours a day

Unlike high school, where we attended for 6+ hours a day.

3. You can skip class

This is obviously at your own risk and discretion, but you can literally just chose to not go to class.

4. You meet so many new people

Every new class is a new opportunity to meet new friends.

5. College gives you purpose

Everything you do is working towards one goal, a degree, and a career.

6. Some classes are actually interesting and meaningful in life

I say some because we all have our likes and dislikes. But in college, the information you learn is really resourceful for everyday knowledge and information.

7. You have more freedom than almost anyone

So while we complain about how "shitty" it is, let's think about the positives of college.