To My Old Highschool Friends' New College Friends, Take Good Care Of Them

You don't know how lucky you are.

1238

Dear New College Friend(s),

Hi! I know we have never personally met before, but hopefully, I was either brought up in conversation or have been seen through a picture. If not I was your friend/roommates friend in high school. Let me tell you, I would take your place any day just to be with my friend again, however, I'm thousands of miles away from them, and honestly some days it's harder than others. I hope that you guys are making so many new and exciting memories, and experiencing college to the fullest. I have been extremely lucky to call them my friends for so long now and you're definitely in for a wild adventure.

Now you may be wondering why I am writing to you, and that's because I'm giving you a huge job: to take care of my friends until I return over winter break. Now I know that may sound like a daunting task, but don't worry they have grown into beautiful young adults that they can hold their own.

However, I just have three simple requests for you.

One, when they cry over the stresses of school or you notice that they aren't themselves, make them smile. I always tried to cheer them up in the simplest ways; they all also like food so you can never go wrong with that!

Two, when a crush or a boy/girl likes them, support them and always be ready to give advice. However, if you know that they are bad news, do me a favor and tell them that just so they can avoid heartbreak.

Finally, be the go-to person in their life. I know that being so far away from home I have found my core group of college friends and I'm sure your friends from high school have found theirs. I only ask you this because you are becoming friends with the most amazing people ever, and even though you might not realize it now you will soon find out. They have shaped me into the person I am today, and I only hope they can do the same to you. But I am giving you my warning now if you dare try to hurt my friend, I will fly all the way back home to hurt you right back.

Love Always!

Your New Friend's Old High School Friend