To My High School Friends As We Graduate

Here's to our last few days walking the halls together.
75

Dear high school friends,

We are almost out of here, and honestly I’ve never been more excited and more nervous all at once. Our lives are about to completely change, from no longer seeing each other in the hallways to no longer all being in the same town. It is scary to think that our four years are suddenly done with. We’ve grown up and we say we're ready, but I know we all have a little bit of doubt about our futures, even if it is the tiniest bit. I just wanted to say some parting words in these last moments we have left as high schoolers, so here it goes.

First off, I love you all. You have helped me become who I am, and I am happy to know I helped shape you, too. Our small town helped make us a family, and I couldn’t be more proud of that. We have had some tragic things we’ve endured, but on the flip side we have a million happy memories that I will always take with me. From Friday night lights, homecomings and proms, to Late Night Apps and chilling at each other's houses, we made the most of our kinda boring town and really we did what we could. We left a very big impact on our school and have hit many goals. I can’t help but think about how successful we all are, and how successful we will be.

To my girls, thank you. We have each other's backs, and our girls nights are monumental. We have a solid group of girls, and I think we’ve done a great job of supporting each other. Our group chat will never die. There is always going to be some little piece of home we will reminisce about or funny memories we will run into. From world travelers to kitchen appliances, I know we will continue to evolve.

To my boys, you all grew up on me. I can remember all of us girls thinking you’d never, ever mature; let alone, any of you actually get girlfriends. You guys know how to lighten the mood and keep everyone going, even if it is because of an inappropriate joke. You guys keep us on our toes! You’ve all turned into amazing young men, and you guys will go far. Thanks for all the fun times under the Friday night lights and at the basketball courts. You guys impacted me more than you’ll know.

Soon it will be graduation day, and we will all be dressed in those baggy blue robes. We will sit in the rows and listen to the band and the choir. We will get those diplomas and watch our class video. We will take more pictures than any dance, and maybe even shed a tear or two. We will have finally done it, and it will be beyond bittersweet. This small town made us, and we know that.

Even sooner, it will be August. Some of us will leave, others will stay. Some will go far far away, and others will be only an hour away. We won’t see each other every day; we won’t have nugs and mozz dippers anymore. Apps won’t be as frequent as they were, and we will have way too long of a time between each get together. I know some of us will probably drop off the grid, some of us will get married, and some of us might not. Wherever life takes us, we will have this bond. You will all have a spot in my heart.

Love always,

Kenz