To My High School Bullies, Thank You For Making Me Stronger

You taught me to not give up, even in the toughest situations.

376
Cai Parks

Quite a few of you seemed to make it your mission to make my high school years unbearable.

You teased me, made fun of me, and even went as far as to spread every rumor about me you could come up with, true or untrue.

I was a very happy kid my entire childhood.

I had tons of friends.

I was popular.

I couldn’t imagine school being any better.

In high school, you decided it was time for that to end.

What none of you knew was that I was going through so much in my personal life already and you all just added so much onto me that I felt like I was going to break.

And eventually, I did...

There were times that, after your tireless bullying and teasing, I felt like life wasn’t worth living.

My heart and mind were exhausted and I couldn't take it anymore.

But each morning I got up, went to school, and had to deal with it all over again.

You called me endless names. Told me I was worthless. Made me feel like no one could ever love me.

And I’m not gonna lie, it scarred me.

You ruined my self-esteem and my confidence in myself.

I was so outgoing and talkative until you...

Now, I’m too scared to talk at times for fear of what others might think or say.

You bullied me until the very last day.

I remember the day before graduation, I was actually feeling nostalgic and thinking, “Gosh... I might actually miss this place.”

But the minute I walked up, you took that away. You found one last way to bring me down in any way you could.

But in the end, maybe I should thank you.

You showed me that the real world isn’t easy.

You taught me to stand up for myself.

You taught me to not give up even in the toughest situations.

And one day, maybe you’ll figure out the same things when karma comes back on you.