High Country Takes On Death Valley

High Country Takes On Death Valley

At Least We Know How To Spell Clemson Now.

4
High Country Takes On Death Valley
Kalin Rierson

The away game.

Usually this is either a time to go party at another school for the weekend, or a time for students to relax. They don't have to worry about game day and tailgating and picking a game day outfit that's the perfect combination of sorority girl meets sports.

However, there's always the one exception every season where the away game is going to be the biggest game your school sees that Fall. This year, that game was the Appalachian State game being held at Death Valley in good ole Clemson, South Carolina.

From tiger paw prints in the streets, to orange themed Bud Lights, this town was nothing short but a little obsessed with their school, and even more so with the football team.

Being in Clemson as the unavoidable underdog, there were bound to be some moments that made us "Boone hippies" proud to attend Appalachian State University.

1. We love our school and its' colors just as much as you, Clemson, but the orange and purple are just too much to handle sometimes (mainly the orange), and it gets to be more harmful to my eyes than the sun.

2. We, too know how to spell our school's name (and also pronounce it), but don't spell-yell it incessantly every time you get a first down, interception, touch back, safety, or if we just had a good moment.

"Hey man I just got that hot chicks number that's in my Clemson Rocks 101 class"
"Oh hell yeah! C L E M S O N T I G E R S go tigers go tigers fight fight fight!!!"

3. I don't think I've put that much effort into going out for a night at the bar since like Formal of 2012. Why aren't flannels accepted here?

4. When you start referring to mopeds as "bropeds," maybe reconsider your way of travel. (Or your life.)

5. As much fun as Loose Change, 356, and all the great times that were had at Friars with jet fuel, I just couldn't get over how my heart missed my little trailer bars, and more importantly, Nick from Pnon.

Moral of the weekend: Thanks for the good and weird times, Clemson. It's been real. It's been fun. But it ain't been real fun and I'm happy to be back on the mountains. Go 'Neers and go America because App Rocks and Clemsux.