Friday, March 26, 2015, 2:30 P.M. — Voicemail to Mom

“Hey Mom, its me. I just got out of school and the day was super busy… My term paper rough draft has to be 20 pages and is due Monday and I’m super overwhelmed about it. On top of that, I did really poorly on my math test and I still don’t understand the content… Oh, how I HATE math. ANNNNDDD Coach emailed us today saying that we have the preseason meeting coming up and I am still deciding if I want to play or not. I mean, what if I don’t make varsity? I’m just going to be a JV star, and the Spring training trip to Florida is going to be the deciding factor in that. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and see if you had any words of wisdom for me today because we missed your daily text message this morning! Oh, and let me know what’s for dinner cause I’m starving… Love you more!”

Monday, November 4, 2015, 1:00 P.M. — Voicemail to Mom

“Mom, its me. I have the best news ever and I need your advice! So I just got the email from Indiana and THE FIRST ONES THE BEST ONE: I GOT IN! The only thing is, though, that I didn’t get in direct admit to the School of Public and Environmental Affairs. I totally get that’s its second ranked in the country for their programs, but I REALLY want to take a trip out there and see what its all about, especially since Darren goes there and really likes it. And you know what else? I think that I’m going to appeal their decision to not let me in direct admit because I think I deserve it. I’m not sure though, what do you think I should do? Should I appeal it? Should I not? And, I’m literally FREAKING out because I’m not sure when the other 8 decisions are going to come in the mail and I’m getting so impatient. Heck, there’s kids that have already decided where they’re going to go! This is all too overwhelming but I JUST WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE ALREADY! But again, about the Indiana thing, I think that’s what I want to do… Call me back when you have a minute so we can figure this out. Love you more!”

Sunday, December 7, 2016: 8:00 A.M. — Voicemail to Mom

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY! I know you’re probably showering and getting ready for yet another busy day at work, but I had to be the first to call you and wish you the happiest of birthdays. It’s really weird not being home to give you a huge hug or leave a card on your pillow as a surprise for you when you wake up, but soon enough it’ll be winter break and I’ll be home for 3 WHOLE WEEKS! Well, I don’t want to take up too much of your time, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAL PAL, AL! I miss you so much, especially today, and wishing more than ever that I could be home to join in the festivities. Enjoy your day, and I can’t wait to FaceTime later. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Talk to you later…”

Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 7:30 P.M. — Voicemail to Mom

“Hey mom, its me… I just got back from my second class of the semester so far and I literally don’t know what to think about it. All of my classes are such bull shit ones that I have to fulfill the core, but at least I’ll be done with it by May. I’m literally so bad at science and now I’m stuck with two of them that are nearly the same class! Please send all helps… On another note, with the credits that I’m taking over the summer and the amount I had transferred in, I’m set to graduate a year early so I can get my masters in what would have been my senior year! I’m super hyped that I was able to do that and be a step ahead of the game. Also, for the summer classes that we’re going to do at home, I think I want to take Introduction to Sociology and Introduction to Microeconomics because I’ll literally fail micro if I do it here (TBT to when I got a 1 on the AP Micro exam and a 2 on the AP Macro exam). Let me know what you think; hope I didn’t overwhelm you too much… Love you and miss you more!”

Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:00 A.M. — Voicemail to Mom

"Hey Mom, its me… I just wanted to let you know that you’re my best friend, role model, biggest supporter, and backbone. Without you, I surely would not be the woman, friend, daughter, sister, cousin, and granddaughter that I am today. Even though I don’t always show it, I just want you to know how much I appreciate and care about you. This was just a little way to say thank you for all that you do for me, no matter the circumstances. I love you more and can’t wait to see you soon.”