Hey Girl, You Are Beautiful

Hey Girl, You Are Beautiful

My little notes adressed to every girl in the world, here's a reminder on how astounding you are!

55
Hey Girl, You Are Beautiful
http://shop.ucsc.edu/

Every single girl in this world holds the phenomenal obligation to be unapologetically amazing, so if you have never been told, I am here to tell you how incredibly beautiful, astonishing and magnificent you are, girl!

1. Plus sized girl

Hey plus sized girl,

Don't feel bad that you don't have the "ideal" body. You don't have to be a size 6 to be beautiful. I know sometimes it's hard to find clothes your size, and it's tough trying to find enough courage to wear a crop top, or braving the summer by wearing your arms out. Or not seeing woman on television ads, movies, and in magazines that look like you. And I personally know that it is so hard to be confident and love yourself the way you are, in a world who pines over smaller women. A world whose beauty standards are held to who looks better in a bikini, but girl, nowadays there's such an invention called a fatkini, so honey just embrace the extra God gave you! Remember that your belly is beautiful and no matter what the world says, never forget that you are a plus-sized queen!

2. Skinny girl

Hey skinny girl,

Girl, you're wondrous! You're lucky enough to be able to go to a store and find your size clothes! But you live in a world where you're being judged because you're smaller, a lot of times people skinny shame you or jump to the assumptions about you like, you think you're better because you're smaller, when that isn't the case at all. Despite it, remember to hold your head up and walk tall, you skinny queen!

3. Black girl

Hey black girl,

There is so much that I can say to you! You've been a queen from the very beginning, your melanin is a marvelous, not a curse and don't you ever forget it. By "black girl," I don't just mean one type, I mean black girls with darker skin, lighter skin and the skin in between! I mean black girls with coarse, thick hair; loose, curly hair and permed ,straight hair! I mean black girls who have been considered ghetto, ignorant or not good enough! Every black girl in the world, you are simply amazing! To my mom, thank for being the first impression I've ever had on a black girl, thank you for showing me that my melanin is magic! Black girl, you're beautiful!

4. White girl

Hey white girl,

I've never stood in your shoes but that doesn't make it less easy for you to be you, every name you've been called, or every time you have been wrongly judged before people who are different from you, ever got to know you. Remember that you're a queen, girl! Blonde girls, you're just as smart as brunettes! And to my favorite redhead, Liv thank you for having those "forbidden race talks" that different races are afraid to have with each other! And to my all around favorite white girl Whitley! Thanks for showing me that it isn't skin that makes the girl it's the amazing heart inside! White girl, you are beautiful!

5. Hispanic girl

Hey hispanic girl,

there's not much I can say besides you're a special kind of beauty. I've only ever known Latina women who came to America from their country and let me just say that I admire the grace, poise and strength that it takes to leave so much, and let your light shine in somewhere completely new! To my favorite Honduran butterfly thank you for showing me what it's like to beautifully and bilingually conquer the world! Latina girl you are beautiful.

6. Celebrity girls

Most of you never set out to be the prettiest or the most famous, but just a heads up, most teen girls look up to you, and whether or not you ask for it, it becomes your responsibility to set a positive example! Act like a queen and you influence queens!

7. Elementary girls, High school girls/middle school girls, and College girls

Girls,

From the very beginning you're put into space with other girls, and boys too. During these times you're opened to ridicule and bullying. As you move from grade to grade you learn so much about the world, and so very much about yourself. Just remember, though it may be hard, never compare yourself to other girls, there is always going to be someone who you will consider smarter than you, prettier, more outgoing, more popular and better than you. But remember that when you compare yourself you take away the unique and magnificent beauty that God specially and especially gave you.

8. Older woman

I just want to thank you for sharing positive words, and being the wisdom, that my generation and generations to come will be influenced by. You are the original queens! And the word beautiful can't even begin to describe what you are!

9. Disabled girls

I've never really liked the terms disabled or handicap, I just want you to know that disabled doesn't mean incapable, it means God just got a little more creative when he was building you. You're an extraordinary queen girl!

10. To every girl in between that I have missed!

Hey girls,

To every girl of every walk of life, race, religion, cultural background and ethnicity, from every community, short, tall and every girl with every unique feature that makes you, you. To every girl who's ever thought that she isn't enough, strong enough, smart enough, pretty enough, bold enough or simply enough, Just remember that you are beautiful, remember you're special, your individual purpose is greater than any doubter can understand. Your light shines brighter than darkness could ever fathom. Beyonce said it best girls we run the world so every time your crown begins to slip, quickly adjust it, pick your head up and walk tall like the queen that you are!

Click here to Reply or Forward