He's Just Not That Into You

He's Just Not That Into You

1
He's Just Not That Into You

To the freshman girls: 

As you drive onto WVU's campus this fall semester, you will see signs hanging that say, "Dads, leave your daughters here." Along with many others...and they're not lying. These men are on the prowl for the new freshman girls. 

WVU is known for their huge concert on the first night of classes. It's really just an excuse every student has to drunkenly kick off the school year the right way. Frat row will be filled with students, and the parties will welcome anyone and everyone. 

Be warned. That dreamy, charming, drunk frat boy that has had his eyes on you all night... probably doesn't have them on you for the right reason. He spies a freshman, and he plans on taking advantage of that.

We've all been there. Thinking that the dreamy fraternity boy has eyes for only us, and will stick around much after our one night stand followed by the walk of shame the next morning.  In reality, he most likely won't reach out to you again unless he's trying to get that booty call at 2 a.m. on a drunken Friday night. 

Granted, everyone needs to make their mistakes and learn from them. That's what college is all about, right? But you don't want to be the foolish freshman girl who falls for the wrong guy the first week of school. 

Take your first few weeks of partying as an opportunity to meet people, get close to your new friends, get introduced to all there is at WVU. Don't limit yourself to one fraternity or house party. Go out and experience them all. 

By all means, make your mistakes. Take a walk of shame, get a little too drunk, dance on the bar..whatever it is you want to do. Who am I to judge? We all do it! 

But from one girl to another, I promise you will be just fine without hooking up with that boy your first night out. Make yourself more than just "another freshman" that they made a goal to hook up with. But if you do choose to wander home with that boy that night, don't set your expectations to high. 

Because he's probably...just not that into you.