The Perfect Christmas Playlist

The Perfect Christmas Playlist

Yes, I'm one of those people who is obsessed with Christmas.

24
The Perfect Christmas Playlist
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/18/636466263839695217-385298232_christmasmusic%20(1).jpg

It’s the most wonderful time of year again: Christmastime! As college students, in spite of the fact that final exams, projects, and essays are continually increasing our stress levels, it’s important to take time out of the day to enjoy the holiday season and the pillars of family, friends, love, and happiness that it represents. So, the next time you take a study break, be sure to turn up your Spotify playlist, and listen to your all-time favorite Christmas songs.

1. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey

For as long as I can remember, this has always been my favorite Christmas tune. It’s just so catchy, and it also delivers an important message: special people in your life are so much more valuable than anything money can buy. Plus, who doesn’t love Mariah Carey?

2. "Oh Santa!" by Mariah Carey

Okay, maybe now you’re sensing a pattern, but I can’t help but be a little biased. Mariah Carey Christmas albums are life.

3. "Where Are You Christmas" by Faith Hill

There are just way too many reasons to count why I absolutely adore this song. Not only is it from one of the best Christmas movies ever made, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, it is also sung by Faith Hill, who has a soft, beautiful voice that is simply perfect for the melody. What makes the song even more amazing is that it tells the story of finding the Christmas spirit that has been lost in the hustle and bustle of mall crowds and hectic parking lots, something I think many of us can relate to.

4. "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" by Michael Buble

Some singers just have voices that seem like they were made to sing Christmas tunes, and if you don’t think Michael Buble is one of those people, you're clearly mistaken. This is a classic song, but his spin on it makes it so unique.

5. Any version of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"

When I think of Christmas music, this song is the first to come to mind. It reminds me so much of my childhood when I used to think about Santa Claus every December, and it just makes me so happy.

6. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" by Jackson 5

In my opinion, this song is so underrated. The whole premise of it makes me laugh, and it’s a humorous twist on Santa Claus and Christmas in general, something that's relatively uncommon in Christmas music. Plus, it’s not just Michael Jackson; it’s Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, and Marlon too!

7. "Christmas Must Be Something More" by Taylor Swift

If you know me at all, you had to know this one was coming. For those Taylor Swift haters out there, don’t discredit it simply because it’s sung by her. It’s her own original Christmas song, and I think it perfectly describes the true meaning of Christmas.

8. "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee

Every time I hear this song, it makes me think of Rockefeller Center. Then, I start thinking about the beautiful lights and the ice skaters, and I completely get lost in the imagery, so yeah, I think you should listen to it.

9. "Holly Jolly Christmas" by Christ Young

Much like number 7, anyone who knows me knows that I love country music, so I had to throw in a country singer at some point. I’m sorry, but it was inevitable. Plus, this song just makes me want to stand up and dance, and it really gets me in the decorating mood. Christmas decorations, here I come!

10. "Last Christmas" by Ashley Tisdale

Yes, I know what you’re thinking. The girl from High School Musical, really? But, in all honesty, I’ve never heard a better version of this song, so I definitely recommend giving it a try before passing any judgment.

Well, not that you've (hopefully) added a few new tunes to your Christmas playlist, enjoy the holiday season!