Helpful Tips For A Happy Morning

Helpful Tips For A Happy Morning

"3. Breakfast is important."

2
Helpful Tips For A Happy Morning
Ki Guillen

I don't know about you, but the beginning of the semester creates a lot of crazy emotions for me. I get super excited about being back on campus with friends, but super nervous about my new classes and schedule. I've found that it takes a lot of students, including myself, some time to settle into a new routine at the beginning of the semester. This especially comes into play when trying to get a good morning routine going. So after spending some time online and trying some things out myself, I found a couple tips to getting going in the mornings during the beginning of a new semester. Hopefully these will help you as much as they have helped me!

1. Start the night before.

Getting a head start on your day is never a bad idea. I often pick out my clothes the night before, or set up my desk for the work I know I will have. It gives me less to do in the mornings when I'm groggy or moody, or even lets me hit the snooze button a couple extra times!

2. Always make your bed.

One thing I have seen on the morning to do list of many successful people is to make their bed. Honestly I never thought this would be something I would enjoy doing every morning. Coming home to a made bed makes me feel like I might actually have my life together, which as a student really helps.

3. Breakfast is important.

So throwback to elementary school here and hearing your teachers tell you "breakfast is the best way to start the day." But when it comes down to it, they couldn't be more right. Try to eat your biggest meal 30-40 minutes after you wake up. Some whole grains, fruit, and a cup of coffee/tea make for a perfect way to keep your energy throughout the day.

4. Make a list.

To-do lists are my addiction. I have one for just about everything in my life. To-do lists will help you get organized and stay productive, as well as give you a feeling of success each time you check something off.

5. Hit the gym.

Exercise is always a good idea. I could go on and on about the physical benefits of working out, but there are also mental and emotional benefits though too! You'll feel more confident, more driven, and even like you've earned your morning shower!

6. Read.

Weather it be taking some extra time to get into the Bible, or picking up the local paper, reading is always a good idea. It'll help calm you, while bringing some extra knowledge or things to think about into your mind.

Hopefully a couple of these will help you out a bit during this crazy time of the year! Getting a good start each morning is a great way to keep a solid routine throughout the semester, and will help in many areas of your life. Good luck, and good mornings!