From The Girl Who Can't Believe Senior Year Is Around the Corner

So you’re telling me I’m about to be a senior?

128
Bunny Doris

It’s the Wednesday of finals week and all I have is 2 finals left before I’m classified as a senior in college. I guess my first question is how? And my second is, where in the world did time go?

How am I about to enter my senior year of college and then the real world? How am I old enough? When did I become old enough for this? I can definitely say this is about to be a very emotional year.

I guess first thing’s first, I don’t think I’m ready. I don’t want to grow up, but I do. It’s such a weird feeling. I’m over the 8 am finals but I can’t wait to have a job that I’ve gone to school for so long for and actually start to live out my dream. But how did time fly by so fast for that time to almost be here?

I guess the saying “time flies when you’re having fun,” is so incredibly true. I can thank my friends for that one. I have met some of the best people in my life here. They encourage me to be the best I can be, to chase my dreams, not to worry about the little things but to celebrate the big, we have each other backs through thick and thin and I will forever be grateful for these friendships and they will be the hardest to leave.

I’m so excited to see where everyone ends up and can’t wait for the trips to visit with one another, but leaving Oxford and all the memories we have made here will be really rough.

Junior year, all in all, has taught me a lot of things. How to be happy, to cherish every moment, especially those quick runs to Sonic with friends, the late nights of studying for hours at the library and getting delusional, the random nights of going out in t-shirts and having one of the best nights, watching the sunset from the top of the parking garage, cherish those times, let it all sink in, because those will be the times you miss the most.

This year also brought me a lot of opportunity with internships, jobs, and getting more involved. This has been the best year, and I can’t wait to see what all senior year is going to bring, other than a lot of happy and sad tears!

I’m sitting here thinking, when did this all happen? How did it become such a reality so quickly? I know I still have my senior year, and that’s a year full of lasts. Last first day of undergrad, last home football game, last time to register for classes, last sorority events, but I just have to remind myself of all the “firsts” to come with it too.

First ‘big girl’ job to apply for, getting that first “real” job, being a real adult for the first time, all of these I’m so excited for.

It’s just so bittersweet.