Being Heartless Is The Latest Millennial Thing
Lifestyles

Being 'heartless' is such a Millennial thing...why?

Have a heart, it is good for your soul.

247
https://unsplash.com/photos/QofjUnxy9LY

So let's just get right down to it high schoolers, college in-betweeners, and young adults. Any and every millennial has an Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or Facebook. Through all of these social networks, it is incredibly common to create this idea of what they want others to see and the life they want to be portrayed. Through this, we have encountered the girls and guys consistently posting about them "not having a heart" while inserting the black heart emoji right next to it.

For guys and girls in this generation people being heartless and shrugging off relationships is something that is celebrated. Why? People feel creating this image of not caring about people, and not having a heart shows that they are not "crazy". I am here to throw some education to all of the millennials out there.

Caring about people and being in touch with your emotions is incredibly important. It is a segway to eventually having and creating adult relationships. How are we supposed to create our future relationships if we are consistently worried about caring too much? When an individual looks at the end goal of the person they want to be with it consists of a give and take relationship. In order to create these relationships, each person needs to care with an open heart, that is just the way it works.

As millennial's, we consistently live our lives through our social platforms. They are the security blankets to what we allow people to see. They are the spot that everyone can hit the like button about our lives. In this case, instead of having that chip on your shoulder about what you want people to see or think. We should post things because we want too, or post our accomplishments because of how proud we are of ourselves.

What we say and the pictures we take do follow us through our lives. The internet does not and will not be going away any time soon. I propose instead of attempting to maintain these ridiculous fronts and playing games of who can care the least we just stop. It is time to remind ourselves of who we are and what we deserve in a relationship because in relationships both individuals feelings matter.

Caring too much is not necessarily the problem here, it is caring too much about the wrong people. Having a heart and allowing yourself to care should be celebrated. It should be shared, liked, and retweeted because caring and having a heart shows you are human. Especially for the young adults or the people still searching for their future someone, care about the people who you feel are worth your time. Stop replaying the same games you are continuously loosing because they will never let you win.

Millennial's let's allow ourselves to have hearts again. Let's allow ourselves to care about others we feel are going to serve a greater purpose in our lives. Give yourself boundaries and hold your standards high not because no one is good enough for you, but because you are accepting the love you feel you deserve.