The Way To My Heart Is To Love Jesus MORE Than You Love Me

I love Jesus more than I love you, so you should love Him more than you love me too.
188

Lately, it seems like EVERYONE I know is either getting engaged or married or is in a long-term relationship. Me? Not so much.

I'm single... very, very, very single. I have friends who keep trying to set me up on dates or even better (sarcasm) ask me why I'm not in a serious relationship.

I don't really have this big elaborate reason other than, it's simply not my time right now.

I believe in the power of God's timing. His timing is always exactly right, and our timing is well... our timing. Our less than perfect, less than ideal timing.

I don't believe in dating someone just so I can update my relationship status on Facebook and match all of my friends. This isn't a leather jacket that you and all your friends bought to match that you can all throw out when it's too small for you guys to wear anymore.

This is another human's life, and it's not right to date just so you're dating.

When I meet someone who I believe is someone I should take that next step with and "let him out of the friend zone" I think I'll just know. I'll know because God will be telling me that I'm supposed to open the friend zone gates and let this person out on the other side.

See, I'm not impressed by you just because you're the starting quarterback for a division one school. Sure, that's definitely impressive in its own right, but that's not a reason for me to date you.

A reason for me to date you?

Love Jesus more than you love me.

Yeah, you heard me correctly. You need to love Jesus and God more than you love me. You need to be following him with all of your heart and growing and walking in your faith every single day.

I believe that a relationship should be centered around God. A relationship centered around anything else isn't going to work for me.

Shame me for being single all you want, but I won't enter a relationship with someone who can't encourage me and lead me to grow in my relationship with God and push me to be a better me each and every single day.

God is at the center of my life, and for those friend zone gates to open, He needs to be at the center of yours too.

And if you're saying, "But, how could I possibly love something more than you and be OK with it?"

To that, I'd simply answer, "I love Jesus more than I love you, so you should love Him more than you love me too."