Health Insurance Is A Human Right, So Why Can't Illegal Immigrants Have It?

Way to go California, you the real MVP.

92
http://mission.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/

The topic of undocumented immigrants has always brought up issues with people both socially and morally. As a society we believe immigrants only come to America to take steal our jobs, but when talking about immigration and immigrants we never think about what they might be going through to cause them to leave their homes, sometimes resulting in families splitting up because everyone can't all leave at the same time. So if you think it's easy for people to leave those they love, and what they know behind, it probably isn't. Immigrants leave their country to protect themselves and the people they care about.

In most situations, people leave their homelands in order to ensure a better life for their families, not only the members in existence presently, but for generations to come. An abundant amount of countries use children as sex slaves, and their parents have to other option but to allow it because it's one of the few ways they can make a good amount of money that can help support the family for a length of time. So, with that said wouldn't you want to bring your family to a country where you might have more options for money, while knowing all of your loved ones are safe?

While most of society would rather not have illegal immigrants in their states, Los Angeles California is hoping to assist illegals in getting health insurance. It is said that "up to 30 percent of the state’s two million undocumented adults could be eligible for the program, and that roughly 17,000 people are expected to participate in the first year, if the plan is approved." This could have a major effect on the lives of many. Health insurance is usually thought of as a privilege, but it should really be considered a human right. If this plan gets approved, then it could be a step forward for our society.

Right now, many undocumented immigrants wait until their families are really sick, which makes hospital and doctor visits even more expensive. Undocumented children can get health insurance through Medi-Cal, which resulted in a lot more families going to the doctor for check-up's and well visits. Their parents, on the other hand are still apprehensive to see a doctor. It's hard when you want to stay healthy, but don't have anyway to help yourself when sick.

I honestly hope that things change for undocumented immigrants, especially when it comes to health care. No one should have to be afraid of getting the help they need.