What's an efficient way to integrate a regular workout and your daily routine? Riding a bicycle! Cycling is not just an exercise. It's a transportation method. If you have a place to be that's just in town, you can save on gas by pedaling your way to work, school, or wherever you are running those errands. Not only can a bike get you from here to there, habitual cycling has a number of health benefits as a bonus.

1. Supports cardio heath.

While you pedal a bike, your heart rate increases.The increase of blood flow during this cardio workout keeps your heart healthy.

It may lowering the risk of gaining an unhealthy amount of weight, thus possibly lowering the risk of heart disease and cancer.

2. It burns fat and promotes weightloss.

Cycling burns off high amounts of calories. The exact amount depends on the weight of the cycler as well as how fast this cycler is pedalling.

Combined with a balanced diet, cycling can help to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. It's a popular sport for those looking to stay trim.

3. It kicks stress in the butt.

Cycling releases endorphins in the brain and gives a rush of adrenaline, giving you a boost of happiness and confidence.

There's also something about providing your own ride that gives that sense of independence, self-confidence, and accomplishment you just dont get from carpooling.

Exercise in general increases the flow of oxygen and blood to the brain, in this way keeping the mind sharp and may reduce the risk of developing dementia and cognitive problems later in life. This increased blood flow especially affects the hippocampus, the part of the brain that functions for memory.

4. Tones Your Muscles

All of the pedaling involved in riding a bike regularly works out the muscles in your legs, including all the major ones such as the glutes (located in the upper thighs), hamstrings, and quadriceps, as well as working out the core. Cycling also works out the joints in the hips and knees.

5. Improves Posture And Balance

Riding a bicycle is all about balancing. That was the skill we needed to master before the training wheels came off.

A good posture in turn improves breathing and overall oxygen flow through our systems.

6. Promotes Longevity

What's better than living to a ripe old age? Living to a ripe old age with a good quality of life, which means being healthy. Considering the health benefits of this exercise above and the reduction of stress, cycling may contribute to a longer, healthy life. Just bike safely.

7. Improves Sense Of Direction

Because motorists these days tend to be dependent on a GPS, their navigational skills may not be too keen as a result.

When you ride a bike, especially for the fun of it, there is the element of exploration that you just don't experience in a car.

There's often more time on your hands when riding (unless you're in a rush to get somewhere and don't have a car to get across town). If you have the time, taking alternate routes through back streets can lead to the discovery of shortcuts.

Figuring out the way with your own mind improves your navigation skills.

With all that in mind, why not put the pedal to the streets?