An Almost Relationship Still Matters
relationships

That Almost-Relationship Still Takes Time To Heal From

You deserve way more than an "almost."

237
https://www.pexels.com/photo/monochrome-photo-of-couple-holding-hands-1004014/

We all at some point have had that person in our lives that maybe the timing wasn't right, or it was one-sided romantically, but the feelings are still there. It may take days to months to finally understanding that situation is toxic and start getting over it. Dating at this time can be confusing. There is a go-with-the-flow mentality which kind of leaves you stuck if you're not sure where you stand.

This can turn into the "almost" relationship, in which the person may want you to do relationship things but not commit fully. They want to hang out, they introduce you to their friends, talk to you constantly, expresses that they do care, but when it comes down to it, they're just not ready for a relationship, so they label it as friendship. Their actions and words don't align. They keep you around for their own benefit with you, while you are receiving nothing in return.

People may assume that because it was never official it's easier to get over, but the fact is that the emotions and energy were still present. You still opened and gave your all to the other person, so therefore your feelings are valid. Don't listen to anyone that claims this doesn't hurt as much as any other separation from someone in your life. It may hurt even worse when there is a "break-up" from the relationship because it's harder to receive closure from the person if you didn't understand where you stood to begin with. You start to go over every detail to understand what went wrong. You are angry at yourself for knowing that you shouldn't have committed so hard because it wasn't a real relationship, but its hard to control your emotions.

You enjoyed the attention that someone gave you and maybe hung onto this confusing relationship to feel less alone. You maybe lowered your standards so that this could hopefully blossom into a real relationship if you just keep trying. But if someone wants to commit and spend time with you, then they will no matter how busy they are.

You deserve better for yourself. Although this person may be nice, his or her actions are selfish. You deserve to value yourself and expect someone will tell you exactly what they want out of a relationship - whether friendship or a committed relationship. If they can't do this, you need to let them go. The closure does not exist most of the time because it will never end up how you want it to.

Everything happens at the right moment. It may seem hard to understand why this didn't work out, but the right person will enter your life at the right time. They didn't realize your worth and that's on them, not you. You shouldn't have to wait around on someone that doesn't know what he or she wants and doesn't value your time or presence. Do not settle. They aren't the only person in the world that makes you feel the way you feel now, and eventually, you will get over it. You deserve way more than an "almost." You deserve an outstanding yes in someone's life.