If You Give God Your Trust, He Will Give You Peace

There is wonderful joy up ahead... just keep singing!

157
“He is good, good, ohhh… ohh…” — King of My Heart by Staffany Gretzinger
“The Lord is Gracious and Righteous, our God is full of compassion. When I was in great need he saved me. Return oh my soul to your rest, for the Lord has been good to you. For you, Oh Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling. That I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.” Psalm 116: 5-9 

This week, my pastor, Louie Giglio, gave an incredible sermon about the giants that we face in our life. He read from the story of David and Goliath. If you haven’t watched the sermon, you can watch it here. He talks about how God is our Giant Slayer. He showed us that David is God in the story of David and Goliath. As a church, we have also been studying the book of Mark together. We read about 20 verses a day. If you would like to get on board with that, you can text “Scripture” to 99000. It will send you the scripture that you need to read daily. You don’t have to go through this Bible study alone — grab a friend, and ask them if they can do it with you.

Have you ever felt like you were about to pass out? You started getting hot and anxious, and you feel like you literally can’t breathe. I’ve been there.

But God…

Let me tell you what God has done and let me encourage you with some words of what God wants to do for you. I haven't had a panic attack in 7 years. God has provided help, but the most encouraging thing I can tell you that God has given me peace. When we place our trust in Jesus, He will give us peace. He has provided for me by putting people in my life to help me when I’m anxious. I talk to my mentor and my girlfriends about a lot, but I also see a licensed councilor. God has also breathed life back into me through his glorious and powerful, life-giving word. The Holy Bible is God's written love letter to us. He has given me words from pastors – sermon after sermon, reminding me that He is in fact good. And he is in fact so in love with me and he is ever so in love with you, too.

God is our helper, healer, and our blessed redeemer.

He is a King. He is the Prince of Peace. He is our Rock. He is our Hope. And He is our glorious Savior.

Do you want to know how I know that he does, in fact, love you? He willingly gave up his life at the mere age of 33 on a wooden cross, so that you and I could live forever with Him for all eternity. Isn’t that beautiful? He knew you by name 2,000 years ago, and he knows you by name today.

God is the one who gives life and God is the only one who can give peace. He is full of compassion.

“God gave his one and only son, that whoever so believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16.

In some really simple terms I’ll say it this way… God has got this whole thing under complete control. So we have nothing to fear for those who are in Christ.

If you don’t know Jesus yet, I encourage you to start reading the book of Mark in the Bible. The Bible is the biggest help in informing us about who Jesus is and how good He is and how much He really does love us.

I’ll be honest; I have struggled with anxiety and still do. It’s not all of the time; it has come and gone, but I’m learning that it will be gone once and for all because God is on my side. If God is working in this situation (which He is), he is also working with you on whatever giant you’re facing. God is providing a way for me to overcome this giant with His help. With God on my side, I will be victorious. God is fighting for me, and it is God that has already won the fight. God is fighting for me on the daily. He is also fighting for you,too. Can I get an Amen?

He will never let you down. I encourage you to lift up a word to God and say, “Jesus, please help me.” When you say his name alone, he will answer to it every time.

“He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:24

My pastor has also provided a seven day, free devotional that talks about depression, fear and anxiety. It can be sent to your email. Click here to subscribe to them!

Worshiping Jesus is one of the best things you can do when you are anxious. This song has become a favorite recently. I know you’ll love it too! Check it out here!

"So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while." 1 Peter 1:6