Not every university or college offers a fall break, but luckily, mine does. Although it’s only from Thursday to Sunday, any little bit of free time helps. Midterms are coming up and everyone is super stressed anyway, so might as well give us a little bit of time off, right?

This semester, I have gotten sick so many times. I’ve had allergy issues, migraines, and, this might be a little gross, a kidney infection. Going to class has slowly become a burden. That back-to-school energy has quickly worn off, unfortunately.

Even just doing homework is hard to do. Not that I don’t know how to do it, but that I have no motivation to do it. Doing nothing but going to class, doing homework, and studying everyday for 3 months straight just isn’t healthy.

Luckily, though, I get to go to the beach next week (yay!). Hopefully I will be able to recharge with this little bit of time of both physically and mentally.

I think it’s very important to do well in school and be involved in clubs and everything, but at some point, you just have to take time to focus on yourself. If you don’t, then you’ll just run yourself down and school won’t be enjoyable anymore.

College is supposed to be the best four years of your life, but if you are too tired or sick all the time to even take part in anything, it will be the worse four years of your life.

Just know this, even if you aren’t offered a fall break, take some time this weekend to relax. Go on a road trip, visit home, or even just treat yourself to some ice cream. Whatever you do, make sure you’re having fun doing it.