Cell Phones And The Scary Addiction

What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Turn off the five alarms you've set, sleep for an extra 10 minutes, start your morning routine and finally get going to your destination. For most of us, looking at our phones is the first thing we do in the morning, even before getting out of bed.

Let me give you a brief look into my morning: I turned off my alarms that were continually going off and then picked up my phone. Honestly, I probably spent about 10 minutes on my phone, just lying there, receiving all the recent information of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's recent break. Did she give back the ring? What about the miniature pig they adopted together? These facts were fundamental to know at 8:30 in the morning.

Most individuals are addicted to their cell phone. Our cell phones possess everything needed to know on a daily basis. Want to know about celebrity gossip? Your cell phone can present the most recent articles about the latest happenings in Hollywood. Need to know facts and gain information when typing an essay? Our phones can provide multiple links to a variety of scholarly readings.

Phones: friends, enemies and sometimes our therapy. When I'm having a bad day, I just want to lay down and watch movies on my phone. It can be a source of relaxation and solitude on days when you just don't want to think. If I'm being completely honest, sometimes I think I'm in love with my phone.

It's not like a "My Strange Addiction" scenario in which I would marry my iPhone...but I haven't ruled out the possibility yet.

Okay, okay, I would say I'm addicted to my phone. Yes, I'll admit it.

Hello, I'm Aby. (Followed with a response of groans saying, "Hi, Aby"). I'm 20-years-old, and I'm addicted to my cell phone.

I'm addicted, we're ALL addicted to our cell phones, be honest with yourself. I live on my cell phone, and I live THROUGH my cell phone, my life is operated by this one small device.

I remember receiving my first iPhone at 13 years old and being completely infatuated with the device. It was an all-in-one: I could take pictures, talk to my friends, look at videos online and gain all the recent information. At age 13, that was the beginning of my cell phone addiction. Now, at age 20, I think it's a great time to take a step back from my device.

My cell phone is an important aspect of who I am as a person, but it shouldn't define my way of thinking and day. Most individuals let what they see on their phones define who they are and the type of people they'll become. Too much of our time is spent worrying about what's on our device and not what's around us

Instead of rummaging through your phone, take the opportunity to relax away from the device. Talk to the people around you, because I bet they're not half as bad as you assume. Silence is okay, and it's time to learn that. Take some time to be away from the device and be with your thoughts. This is a perfect opportunity to learn who you are without your cell phone in hand.