8 Activities For Your Winter-Day Blues

8 Activities For Your Winter-Day Blues

Embrace the day, no matter what time of year it is!

https://www.woodstockvt.com/the-town/blog/tis-the-season-11-outdoor-activities-for-a-wonderful-winter-in-woodstock
99

Many people see winter as a depressing time of year, and I can see why. It's darker longer, and if you live in the north, it's cold. However, I am a firm believer that life is in the living of it, and each and every day is meant to be seized. That being said, take advantage of your days this winter. Skip the Netflix and the couch, it'll be there when you get back. Here's a list of things to do to make your snow days a little sunnier.

1. Go sledding.

Sledding is a classic winter activity that is fun for all ages! If you're into a more intense sledding experience, many ski and snowboard places have man-made tubing hills - check it out.

2. Go snowboarding.

Although it's definitely not for everyone, it is for sure something that everyone should try at least once in their lifetime. (May I just say that it is way harder than the pro's make it look in the winter X-games...)

3. Go skiing.

Another winter sport that seems pretty simple, but is actually quite difficult. You'll have a ton of respect for Lindsey Vonn after you give this one a try.

4. Build a snowman.

What I love about building a snowman is that you can basically make it into whatever you want. Want to make a Donald Trump snowman? Go for it. Want to make a Danny DeVito snowman? Go for it - it probably won't take long!

5. Have a snowball fight.

Grab your siblings, grab your friends, heck, grab your parents! Snowball fights are for everybody.

6. Go ice fishing.

Having just moved to a house on a lake, this activity is something I have been dying to try. Word to the wise - just make sure the ice is thick enough before you start drilling into it!

7. Do the Polar Bear Plunge.

A Bucket List item if I've ever seen one. Help out a good cause and jump into that below freezing water - you'll only slightly regret it!

8. Go ice-skating.

Ice skating is just about the purest and simplest winter pastime. Lace up those skates and sail away.

Happy winter, y'all! We still got a while to go...