Why This Person Hates Thanksgiving

11/21 Why I Hate Thanksgiving.

And it's not for the reasons you think.

66
https://pixabay.com/photo-1796893/

If you ask what somebody's least favorite major holiday is, there are likely two answers. Valentine's Day and Thanksgiving.

And believe me, I am in both of those camps.

I've already written an article about why I don't like Valentine's Day, or Anna Howard Shaw Day, as myself and Liz Lemon call it. Go read that article, it's great.

So now it's Thanksgiving's turn. Especially since we are in the month of November.

I already hate the month of November in general. Sorry people who have birthdays in November. The only thing I like about this month is that a bunch of Taylor Swift albums, singles, and music videos dropped in November.

So a holiday in November will likely have a slight bias against for me. If that makes any sense.

But the month isn't just the problem, I have other problems with the holiday.

One of the major points of Thanksgiving is to just stuff your face. However, for the past few Thanksgivings, I've hardly eaten anything at dinner. I just don't find it exciting. I'm also a vegetarian, and I hate pumpkin, so there's not much I could eat at dinner anyway. I usually just eat mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. I don't even eat pie.

There's also really nothing to do on Thanksgiving. There's nothing exciting on. Nothing's open. And I usually just end up doing homework all day and ignoring everyone.

Speaking of which, the big thing on Twitter about Thanksgiving is that you are going to have to make small talk with the relatives that you haven't seen in a while, and that could've potentially voted for Trump or third-party. I don't really mind that, mainly because there's no one in my family that did that. But I hate making small talk. Or being social in general. I just want to stay in bed and work on stuff that I need to work on.

I know that Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day where you are supposed to be thankful for everything you have, but why do people only give thanks for what they have on a specific day? Why can't we just do it every day? I feel the same way about going to church on a specific time on Sundays. Why can't we just pray on our own times wherever we want?

I know there are other reasons to hate Thanksgiving, and this is probably just all small trivial things, but I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same way.