Harry Styles' Newest Album Has What We All Need

Harry Styles' new album just came out and it touches on so many different topics.

20
https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/12/harry-styles-girlfriend-2019-today/

Harry Styles introduced his Fine Line album as the second album of his solo career. His album from 2017 kicked off his new musical sound that has sort of folky vibes to it while still staying in the pop realm and he's even dressing the part more now. It seems that Harry enjoys playing with different methods and styles with each song he makes, giving all of them their own unique twist. His first album had a lot of slow songs to it, but this album seems a little more upbeat while still having some token slow tunes. With 12 songs on his newest album, Harry takes his listeners on a journey of love, loneliness, and a bit of fun.

Starting the album off with "Golden" seemed like a great place to start. For me, it opened up the concepts of finding someone that you think is amazing but also feeling like they're out of your league or your not good enough as well as feelings of loneliness and fear of being alone that are prevalent throughout the album. This song especially brings up liking someone who is too good for you with lyrics like, "I know you were way too bright for me", and "I'm hopeless, broken, so you wait for me in the sky... brown my skin just right". Listeners are shown a scenario with a so-called "golden" girl described almost like the sunshine who waits hopefully in her angelic state for her admirer to improve positively. It's a song bringing the motivation to improve yourself for the better and to keep climbing high.

The third song of the album and the third public pre-release song, "Adore You" is easily one of my favorite songs. Its lyrics are so simple, but they still speak to me as the ultimate crush song with a little twist. Normally, the typical crush song asks for being in a relationship with someone but this song is straight-up just about liking someone and wanting to be around them. The song overall has absolutely beautiful lyrics that anyone with a crush could relate to one hundred percent. My favorites are: At the very beginning: "Walk in your rainbow paradise", "I get so lost inside your eyes", and "honey, I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you". If you're looking for a song to dedicate to someone special in your life, look no further than this one!

"Falling" and "To Be So Lonely" make the sort of downfall of the album's storyline. A more emotional side to things is expressed in both of these songs with "Falling" talking about a breakup and feeling lost and angry after it and "To Be So Lonely" shares more of the aftermath of the whole situation. Both are heartbreaking and emotional, but use this to relate to listeners and tug at our heartstrings while also making us contemplate the lyrics. "To Be So Lonely" talks about regretting past actions and sort of wishing they could be undone. Because of not being able to change what happened and truly express feelings, we are shown someone who is lonely and stuck in this loop while still wanting someone.

If nothing else, both of the above songs bring Harry back down to a more human level. He may have been put up on a high pedestal by his fans, but he's still a person like the rest of us and makes mistakes. He hates himself for what happened as the background for "Falling" and doesn't know how to handle it. Surely we've all felt this way about a situation in our life that may not even be related to a relationship. It's a song that everyone can relate to and will, therefore, make us all so emotional. Throughout the whole song, I could feel the tears coming and I believe that's just how it should be.

Overall, I think Harry Styles' "Fine Line" album is absolutely amazing and I might even prefer it over his debut album. There's an even blend of upbeat and emotional songs that share his own style and personality spread across the album to satisfy everyone's preferences. We hear songs that talk about falling in love, making mistakes and learning from them, learning who you are and being happy with yourself, etc. I found most of the songs to be uplifting and inspiring, proving that we can be whoever we choose to be. If you're just starting out with Harry Styles (where have you been) or are just looking for something new to listen to, please give this album a listen! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.