You can call me the PC police, I don't care anymore! I am fed up. What bothers me the most is that people are so oblivious to their own hurtful, outrageous commentary. I didn't think I had to spell it out for you- it being 20-frigging-16 and all- but I guess this is the world we live in so here I go: when you say Happy New Year, that offends all the people who believe time is an arbitrary construct of the human mind.

REALLY?!!? I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT

There, I said it. Now do you see how clearly discriminatory that statement can be to all those that do not conform to mankind's subjective attempt at a standardized definition of one year? I hope you do. I understand that we are not the majority. We are not saying stop your random, purposeless celebration of a normal day. We just do not want to be left out. All we want is for our beliefs to be recognized and accepted. When you say Happy New Year to me, you are directly attacking my identity, my values, what my brain perceives, without undeniable evidence, to be my background. We no longer want to be ruled by the majority. We no longer want our beliefs to be drowned out by others. I plead you all, instead of saying "Happy New Year", to say "Happy Perceived Passing of The Manmade, Conceptual Measurement of Change Called a Year".

"That was easy"

Now, is that too much to ask for?? Stop saying Happy New Year! It's simple. You might not think there are many people out there who will be offended by this statement, but the truth is there probably aren't. But that doesn't matter because the few of us that will be are going to be very loud and obnoxious about it.

Happy Perceived Passing of The Manmade, Conceptual Measurement of Change Called a Year everybody!