6 Small Joys That Make Life Sweeter

6 Small Joys That Make Life Sweeter

Sometimes the smallest things in life fill us with the most joy, never overlook those small joys.

26
6 Small Joys That Make Life Sweeter

Winter is here for a few more weeks. Staying positive even though the sun is setting early and the weather is constantly changing can be hard. Though many of us might be in a spring-fever filled slump, we have to keep pushing until the seasons change. An easy way to stay grounded and grateful is to start appreciating the small things in life. March is National Optimism Month, to celebrate here is a list of 6 small joys that make life a little sweeter.

Taking Pictures With a Polaroid or Disposable Camera

There is something so refreshing about taking a picture on a Polaroid or disposable camera. In a world full of digital content, it feels good to be able to take a picture for the purpose of having a tangible copy. There is no pressure to upload it and focus on how many likes you might receive. Instead, you can put the picture in a photo album, hang it on your wall, or tape it in a notebook.

Finishing a Book

In a time where many of us are so consumed with checking things off our todo lists, it can be hard to finish reading a book. No matter if the book is 50 pages or 500 pages long, turning the final page and realizing that you're done is one of the most satisfying feelings. Knowing that you've finished one and can move to the next novel on your to-read list is amazing.

Riding a Bike

Bike riding is often associated with the nostalgia of our childhoods. Bikes allowed us to go from point a to point b without having to bother our parents for a ride. It's good to revisit the joy bikes brought us when we were younger by riding one every now and then.

Writing in a New Journal

Writing is therapeutic. It can help you get through some of your toughest times and it can help you reflect during some of your happiest moments. There is something magical about writing the first few sentences in a journal full of fresh white pages. It always signifies a new beginning, even when you're writing about something that is coming to an end.

Making Your Bed

Although the task of making up a bed isn't fun, it can make your life a little brighter. Making your bed can make your room appear cleaner. It can also help spark productivity, encouraging you to keep it in its made state until it's actually time to go to sleep. Laying down in a bed that was made always leads to a better night's rest.

Budding Leaves

Spring will be upon us sooner than we think. It is easy to think that the seasons aren't changing with so many dreary and rainy days, but no rain means no flowers. The next time it rains take time to look at the trees on your commute or walk to work or school. You can see evidence of new life in the budding leaves. The tiny green buds remind us that change is good and that the storm doesn't always last.