20 Mother's Day Thank-Yous For Mom, From The Bottom Of My Heart

Thank you, mom.

236
Taken By: Theresa Piper (Pictured Mary Smith and Julia Smith)

Many would think that Christmas is the hardest holiday to shop for loved ones, but Mother’s Day is by far the hardest time of the year to find the perfect gift for the one person that gave you the best gift of all... life!

This Mother’s Day, I wanted to give my mom the one thing she would never forget. Sure, I could have gone with the typical flowers and a handmade card with attempting Picasso stick figures, but now almost 20 years old, it’s time to step up my game!

I couldn’t just pick the one object that would make her smile and with being a college student the budget is small which puts diamonds and Jimmy Choos out of the picture! This year, I wanted to give her something she would never forget, so why not use this platform to devote my love and appreciation to my best friend.

Mom, AKA Momma, Mama, Woman, Doctor, Mother Mary, and Friend,

Today we celebrate you and only you! Today is the day you kick up your feet and let us celebrate you for being the best mom ever! With this being your 20th time celebrating this holiday, I wanted to make you aware of the 20 things I am thankful for that you do that makes our family and the world forever grateful for your existence.

Thank you for choosing to be a mom! Not only to Sarah and me but to everyone you meet. You have a special way with people that makes them feel important, heard, and loved. You may not see it, but there is a special light inside of you that exudes warmth and love that cannot be missed for thousands of miles.

Thank you for your lessons. Even though at times I didn’t agree that a clean room is a happy room or that a bedtime was necessary, your tough love gave me the structure to be a strong individual and make the wise decisions in this great big world.

Thank you for your ears. No matter if it was as small as what haircut I should choose or going over every detail in my day, you always take the time to hear me out and come up with the best resolutions no matter what crazy lengthy stories I come to you with.

Thank you for your eyes. Whether it was making sure I didn’t cross the street without looking both ways or on the lookout for any job opportunities, you are always observant of others before yourself.

Thank you for your words. You always know what to say to anyone you encounter and have the special touch to make any tear of sadness turn into joy.

Thank you for your open arms. I know that no matter what happens in life whether it's not getting my dream job or a big break up, your arms are always open and bring light to any dark day.

Thank you for your acceptance. No matter the crazy idea whether it's dying my hair blonde to brunette or my decision to go to college fifteen hours away, you always accepted me and my ideas no matter how big or small.

Thank you for your attention. No matter what time of the day, you always give me and others the attention whether it's revising a school article or what to text back in a make it or break it situation.

Thank you for your humor. Whether it was peek-a-boo at three months or that one meme you always send on Mondays before class, you always know how to make me smile.

Thank you for your love. Your hugs and kisses have a special spark that can’t be replicated.

Thank you for your stories. Whether you're sharing your high school stories or crazy things your encounter in the day, you never seize to amaze me with such knowledge and laughs.

Thank you for your adventures. on mile or thousands, you make every trip one to remember. Whether it’s going to the coffee shop in the morning or jumping on a plane to Europe, I know I wouldn't want to spend any moment with anyone else.

Thank you for your sacrifice. Being a mom can be expensive. On top of it, you always gave Sarah and I the best even if it meant you had provided for us instead of yourself.

Thank you for your style, for teaching me that more than three patterns are a no and that you cannot wear snow boots in the middle of the summer even if you think it’s cool.

Thank you for your criticism. Your tough love has given me the thick skin I need in this big world. Teaching me that if one door closes another door opens is the one lesson that has made me the strong individual I am today.

Thank you for your devotion, your twenty-four hours and 365 days of your undivided love and focus on your family.

Thank you for your mind. Your ideas are always the most creative and you always know what to do in the craziest situations. What’s seems impossible to me and never impossible to you!

Thank you for your generosity, for giving your body mind and soul to your family. Your job is harder than any exam or any career and you deserve a crown because you are a queen.

Thank you for your support. You have been the best dance mom making sure every costume was perfectly rhinestoned, coming to every dance competition even if it started at five am. Especially recently, our family has made a huge adjustment with me moving and completing my first year at college 15 hours away from home. You always answered my face time and talked me through any tough situation no matter what time of the day. Thank you for letting me follow my dreams!

Last and certainly not least, thank you for you! I am so grateful and honored to be your daughter. I wouldn’t want anyone else to be my mother and our friendship is something I value. I hope that one day I can be a mother to my children like you are to me.

I love you with all my heart! Happy Mother’s Day Mom

Love Your Daughter, Julia