To My Mom, For Somehow Surviving Another Year Of Raising 3 Crazy Girls

Happy Birthday Momma!

264
Personal Photo

Happy birthday!

You survived another year of parenting three crazy girls...cheers to that. Thank you for being the “cool mom,” for always being my rock, and for being one of the few people who can calm me down when I am stressed about literally anything and everything.

Thanks for being such an inspiration. You went from being a stay at home to a working mom while also running three girl scouts troop, carpools, going to sporting events, and still having us do philanthropy while being involved in the town. You wanted us to succeed to the best of our ability, and then you pushed us further than that. One of the best intuitions you instilled into me and my sisters were to not quit until you fulfilled any commitment you agreed to. I feel as though this concept has stuck with me throughout my ~almost~ twenty years of life in both the easy tasks and the challenging ones.

You are so caring. You hold family and love above all things. I would like to think that your loyalty has been passed down to my sisters and me. Thank you for teaching us the core values of a world that is not always so pleasant. Thank you for keeping us wholesome, and for accepting us when we mess up. You’re young (37...again) but still so wise. I am so grateful that I have someone I can call whenever life gets a little rough to just talk me through whatever hardship. Thank goodness we finally got through all of those angsty teenage years of me being mean to you for no reason and us constantly fighting. You are now my person who knows everything about me and is my guide, my mentor, and my friend. Thank you for putting up with me through all of the hard years. Cheers to Catherine (almost) being done with them...what Sofia is like is still up in the air.

Thank you for dedicating your life to us, mama. You always say that “everyone has a purpose on this Earth. Mine is to be a mom.” You are the living embodiment of your mantra. You truly are the best and coolest mom and I want to thank you for all you do and sacrifice. Thanks for being a strict mom with a splash of Regina George’s mom from Mean Girls. May your hips never lie.

Thank you for being my best friend through thick and thin. Also thanks for the gift of life too (lol). Happy birthday mama!