Happy Birthday J.K. Rowling, Thank You For Inspiring Us Everyday

We love you, always.

43
whitehouse.gov

If you have been alive since 1997, you have heard the name, "Harry Potter." If you haven't, where have you been?

For the past 20 years, the Harry Potter series has been blessing us with its presence. It's hard to imagine a world where Hogwarts, lightning bolt scars, and "he who shall not be named" does not exist. We have J.K. Rowling to thank for that.

Today, July 31, happens to be her 52nd birthday.

Rowling was generous enough to let the rest of the world into the magical land that she imagined so long ago. Whether you always re-read the books or binge-watch the series every time it's on Freeform, Harry Potter continues to impact our lives.

In honor of her birthday, here are 30 Harry Potter quotes that still inspire us to this day:

1.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

2.

"You're a wizard, Harry."

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

3.

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

4.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

5.

"Working hard is important, but there is something that matters, even more, believing in yourself."

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

6.

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

7.

"To have been loved by so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever."

8.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

9.

10.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

11.

"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it."

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow

12.

"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on, that's who we really are."

13.

"It is the qualities of one's convictions that determine success, not the number of one's followers."

14.

"If you want to know what a man's like, look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

15.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.

16.

17.

"The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed."

- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

18.

"Curiosity is not a sin...but we should exercise caution with our curiosity."

19.

20.

"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.

21.

"We are all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."

22.

"Thoughts could leave deeper scars than almost anything else."

23.

24.

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself."

25.

"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

26.

"What's coming will come, and we'll meet it when it does."

27.

28.

"Do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living and above all, those who live without love."

29.

"Anything is possible if you got enough nerve."

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

30.

Happy Birthday, J.K. Rowling!