12 Things That Happened When I Left New Jersey For College

You can take the girl out of Jersey but you can't take Jersey out of the girl.
207

Learning how to pump your own gas.

Why would I need to know how to pump gas, I pull up to the gas station and say "fill it up regular please" and I never have to get out of my car.

Playa Bowls.

No one else knows what a Playa Bowl is and it breaks my heart, it's not the same as an Açaí Bowl.

Bagels and pizza.

There will never be a better bagel or pizza place, no matter how hard restaurants try, so go ahead and judge me for not eating it.

Dealing with non-New Jersey drivers.

Pennsylvania drivers cannot drive, end of story.

No one understands how much you love the beach.

At home, the beach is a 30-minute drive so it is a foreign concept for me that I can't go to the beach whenever I want.

Warm weather.

For some reason when I check the weather at school, New Jersey is always warmer, why is this?

Not being near New York City.

Being in the city gives me life, living 45 minutes away, it's always a quick train ride in for a great day of adventures but is greatly missed at school.

Having people refer to Philadelphia as "the city."

Heads up everyone, Philadelphia is not "the city" when you say you are going to the city, you are going to New York.

Having Wawa's all over.

No matter where you are driving you are bound to pass a Wawa, stop in grab a sandwich, snack, coffee or gas.

People automatically assume that 'Jersey Shore' represents all of Jersey.

When I tell people that I'm from Jersey, the reaction is always "Oh my god, so you must watch Jersey Shore, is that how everyone in New Jersey acts?!!" Fun fact, I have never watched an episode.

Everyone thinks you will have a Jersey accent.

My roommate was very disappointed when I did not have an accent, sorry not everyone has an accent

Summer concerts.

Summers are spent at concerts at BB&T Pavilion, or as everyone knows it Susquehanna Bank Center.