20 Tips On Handling And Organizing Your Crazy Life By The Girl Who Does Everything

Life may be crazy, but you are crazier... in a good way!
50

Today I watched my phone go off over and over and over and over again. I was too overwhelmed by everything going on in my life that I couldn't imagine answering it, but I also couldn't not answer it. I had too much stuff to do to complain about it.

Whether we like it or not, we all live busy lives. As a full-time college student, part-time employee for a marketing department, president of two organizations and social life enthusiast, there are definitely times I think I am going to lose my mind.

The most important thing to remember is you are capable of handling whatever life may throw at you. While at times you may feel like laying on the pavement in the parking lot and giving up, that mentality will not help you achieve your dreams. The hard times make you tougher and you're strong enough to handle your busy life.

These twenty tips are what has helped me keep my sanity during the craziness in my life, I hope it helps the craziness in yours.

1. Use an online calendar or notebook planner to track all events, meetings, and deadlines.

2. Set phone reminders for important deadlines to make sure you actually remember them.

3. Make lists on your computer since you are checking it every day of things you need to do for the week. Either on a sticky note on your desktop or download Momentum for Google Chrome.

4. Try to make at least two social plans for the week and don't bail on them because you feel too busy. Even if it's just lunch with a friend for thirty minutes.

5. Take advantage of the gift of sleep. Sleeping is your friend.

6. Don't rely on social media for entertainment in your downtime. Read a book, listen to music, take a walk, etc. Eliminate the unnecessary screen time.

7. Make time for working out. Whether that means going to the gym, taking a yoga class or doing fifty squats before a shower.

8. Put in the effort to get ready in the morning. It will make you feel better throughout the day.

9. Know when to say no to someone and don't feel obligated to do everything.

10. Clean your room and make your bed. Coming home to a clear space is less stressful than a messy one.

11. Eat healthy snacks throughout the day, but don't feel too guilty if you reward yourself with Ben & Jerry's after a tough week.

12. Take time for your friends and family. Don't push them away when things get hard.Be honest with how you are feeling to yourself and others.

13. Use essential oils and scented lotions to calm any nerves.

14. Drink more water than coffee. Seriously, drink so much water you could be a human camel.

15. When the week feels too crazy, take everything one day at a time.

16. Back up all documents on a flash drive or Google drive for peace of mind.

17. Listen to music that makes you happy. Personally, I have been enjoying an early 2000's playlist.

18. Talk on the phone more and text less.

19. Close your eyes and breathe.

20. Most importantly, pray every night. No matter how late it is, no matter how tired you are. Count your blessings.