Halloween Horror Nights

Universal's HHN Is The Closest You Can Get To Being In An Actual Horror Movie

Making it out to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights this Fall should be everyone's top priority

32
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wdpdickson/10717136096/in/photolist-hk38by-h8mQTC-iq83Sq-iq8LzR-25yaeAS-hk53L5-iq84Gw-hk3u4c-3REDGK-h8mGHZ-5DPpxP-gLqh8y-gRiyAZ-gRjfYR-p5SocS-ddP5Lg-29nQDVJ-aAGyZ6-aDEdtV-hk2VqQ-ddPy78-W7hyCv-aAGxeK-5DPmW6-5DTAPy-aAGxKV-ddPx9H-NkR74G-8sWyjL-ddPyMV-ggC5wE-29nQFsS-VUJ6D6-pghSoG-XM25EH-gLqsHx-pADtoz-5E4p9-91msxh-pLHUSA-g6Cf19-76DTtY-gLpSux-YtL3Nh-ZU7srD-ML71G8-LHoMH8-ZeobZh-YDgXKR-pua8Hz
Steve

As we are well on our way into the month of September, there's only one thing on my mind.

The Spooky Season is starting, which means that Universal's Halloween Horror Nights is opening their doors to the masses.

If you haven't had the pleasure of going to this event I will break it down for you. Every year in the Fall, Universal opens their park for an unparalleled Halloween experience. The entire parked becomes an attraction, allowing goers to interact first hand with their favorite horror movies.

As an avid fan of scary films, there is no other place that offers the experience you get from attending one of these Horror Nights.

Something that gives Halloween Horror Nights a leg up on competition is the fact that Universal has the legal rights to many iconic movies and shows allowing them to design their houses around them. This year you will get a chance to see "Stranger Things," "Halloween 4," "Poltergeist," and many other iconic names have their own house. Walking through these high budget productions makes for an unforgettable moment, specifically in the sense that anyone can roam these worlds who originally found their home from the big screen. Last year I was able to take to my parents to "The Shining" and both of them left not only scared but amazed at the fact they got to physically go through the hedge maze or hear "Hereeee's Johnny" from the iconic movie in person. Other haunted houses can be scary, but none of them will have your favorite trademarked characters hunting you down, making Universal so unique.

I've always been amazed by horror movies and the special effects that make them so frightening. In case you don't know, Universal has a "Horror Movie Make-Up" show that they run year round. It's a fun whimsical way to show audiences how the "movie magic" takes place on the big screen. During Halloween Horror Nights, Universal pays for the professional make-up and costumes for their "scarers." Everywhere you walk you are looking at professional grade movie makeup to scare you. I can't stress this enough, it so much fun walking around literally feeling like you're in your favorite scary movies.

I try to go to Halloween Horror Nights at least once every year. Typically I go with a group of friends so that we have each other to hide behind in the houses, or around the "scare zones" Universal provides. Every single year I find myself impressed that there is always something for everyone, no matter if you're into horror or not. I have friends that come who are completely against being scared, and yet they are still able to have fun. Universal leaves open a good amount of rides for people such as my friends, who aren't there for the show. Think of it essentially as getting to ride all the best rides at night all for a discounted price.

The event lasts a good portion of the Fall season, so I encourage you to go if you get the chance. Halloween is a lot of people's favorite Holiday, and there's no better way of celebrating than visiting Universal to experience their Horror Nights.