Halloween's Over... Now What?

Halloween's Over... Now What?

Now that you've had your Halloween fun, and the Christmas tunes are cranking, did you forget about the turkey and stuffing?
75

Now that Halloween, arguably the most stressful, hectic, and anxiety-ridden holiday, has officially passed, and we all survived (possibly even thrived) what's next? Well as you have probably already witnessed it seems as though we have skipped right from October to December!

Christmas songs are already being played on the radio, and movies have already premiered. Next thing you know, Macy's will have twinkling lights up, sleighs lining their displays, and gorgeous Christmas trees throughout their stores, all before the turkey is even put in the oven!

Now don't get me wrong I love Christmas and winter as much as the next person. I mean, really, ask any family member or friend and they will tell you I LOVE winter and the festivities that come along with it. But not in November! Every year the forgetfulness of Thanksgiving is getting worse, which is extremely concerning considering it is a holiday based around family and being thankful for what you have.

Personally, some of my favorite memories are from Thanksgivings of years past. Whether it be held at a hall (yes you read that correctly, one side of my family can fill a hall with nearly fifty, if not more, people attending every year, ranging from newborns to great-great grandparents), or at one of my relatives homes, I enjoy and cherish the time we spend together.

I always find myself playing numerous card games with my cousins, catching up with my aunts and uncles, and receiving irreplaceable advice from my grandparents, and through it all, I can't stop smiling. It is something about everyone you love being at the same place at the same time.

Even the meaning and purpose of Thanksgiving is often forgotten, which is alarming in our current society. This day is meant to be one full of thanks for what we have and a time to relax with our family and friends.

Instead, many people may use this day to prepare for their early morning of shopping they have prepared for the holiday season. Living in a generation that always seems to want, want, want, and doesn't comprehend the meaning of "no," Thanksgiving is an important holiday to remind us of what we have, and be thankful.

So as the leaves begin to fall this year, take a step back to recognize the beauty. And while you take this pause, think of what and who you are thankful for in your life. Don't forget to appreciate your family and friends, because many times we may take them, and the things they give us, for granted. Take the time to be thankful for the little things, as well as the big things, in life before you hang up your Christmas lights and start making a list.