Top 5 Halloween Movies To Get In The Spirit Of The Season

Time to cuddle up in a blanket, turn off the lights, and get the movies started!

8

It's that time of year again! The time to cuddle up in a blanket with your significant other, turn off the lights, and get the scary movies started! Here are some movies that I think are needed this Halloween season.

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas.

TVGuide

This is one of my favorite childhood classics. I love this movie, and if you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you, but "This Is Halloween" is a literal banger.

2. Joker.

ScreenGeek

This movie is fairly new in the theatre and reviews are pretty split. If you enjoy gore and violence, this probably a movie for you. If your boyfriend is dragging you to go see it with him, I will just say to watch with caution.

3. Halloweentown.

TVGuide

This is another one of the classic Disney Halloween movies. This is a movie that was always on repeat in my living room as my brother would watch. If you enjoy comedy, 1998, and the late Debbie Reynolds, this is a great watch. Especially if you don't want something that is too scary and you enjoy kiddy movies.

4. Halloween.

HorrorsOfHalloween

What would Halloween be without Halloween? This classic 2007 film by Rom Zombie is about the psychopath Michael Myers. After being committed to a psych ward after killing his step-father and his older sister, Michael breaks out of his mental facility with a vengeance on the night of Halloween.

5. It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

MegAndEwitt

If you're like me, you probably enjoy kiddy movies like this one. This is definitely a classic and one that mother calls me to make sure that I watch it. If you grew up with Charlie Brown or just enjoy cute kid antics, this movie is for you. My favorite characters were always Snoopy and Woodstock, did you have a favorite?