9 Halloween Activities That Are Guaranteed To Help You Get In The Festive Mood

The first of October is only a couple of days away which means that Halloween festivities are about to begin! There are tons of events being hosted for the celebration of Halloween but there is more to being festive than attending events. There are countless ways to bring the festivity to life and get excited for the month of Halloween! Festive activities range from staying home and relaxing to going out and hunting zombies. Since the activities offer a wide variety, there is likely something to everyone's liking. Pick one that sounds most fun and get spooky!

Watch scary movies

Whether its by yourself or with a friend, a scary movie night gets everyone in the mood for Halloween.

Bake Halloween favorites

Some people may have their favorite Halloween snack or traditional food. If not, everyone loves some type of fall food. Bake some pumpkin pie or whatever your stomach desires. Once it's finished, kick back, relax, and enjoy your treat!

Carving pumpkins

Who could forget about carving pumpkins? Stop by your local pumpkin patch and find your favorite pumpkin to carve, paint, or decorate!

Zombie apocalypse paintball

The Orr Family Farm hosts a zombie apocalypse paintball game every weekend. This outing is perfect for anyone who has wanted to try their luck in the apocalypse. Of course, this is just a simulation, but it's still a lot of fun! There are actually lots of places that host zombie hunts that vary in intensity. It would be best to do some research to determine which one fits your liking most.

Fright Fest

Frontier City's Fright Fest is one of the most popular Halloween events in Oklahoma. It's great for a night out full of entertainment and zombies.

Halloween Make and Take

This event is hosted by Board and Brush and is $15. You will get to paint one of three stencils of your choice. This event is the perfect small outing with a friend that will have lasting effect!

Haunted houses

Not every haunted house is a good haunted house, but there are some good ones in Oklahoma! The time spent at a haunted house depends on the popularity of it but visiting a haunted house or two makes for the perfect spooky night.

Halloween forensic night

The museum of Osteology is hosting a forensic night that consists of hands on investigations, scavenger hunts, and more! Forensic night is on October 25th and is perfect for a small outing.

Haunt the zoo 

There are two versions of Haunt the Zoo; one for kids and one for ages 21+. Haunt the zoo is a great place to wear your costume and gets lots of candy. It also offers plenty of photo ops!