Hairy Details Of Being Bald
Hairy Details Of Being Bald
Tumblr.com

Ya know, stepping back and reflecting on life really showcases just how good I have it. I eat every day, I shower every day, I have clothes to wear, I have a loving set of family and friends. I am single, but whatever. I'm 22-years-old; not everybody can be taken. My life for all accounts is pretty solid and I am lucky. So, let me complain some more about my life. Being bald is the drizzling s**ts!

That cliche, "bald is beautiful," is a damn lie. I don't think there is a single good looking bald man out there, and if there are, it's because they are bald. For whatever reason having a clean shaven head just looks awkward and unfortunate. Male-patterned baldness is either a curse, or a cruel joke that has plagued the world for too long.

It's not fun walking out the door and noticing everyone noticing that you are going bald, or that you are bald. The eyes of fellow human judgement can cut a person to the core. Normally, I don't care what people think. I wear Pro-Wrestling shirts with three grown men riding a unicorn in space. I do not care how I am perceived. However, when I also hate the thing I am being judged for, I tend to care a little more.

For example, my squad and I usually go out to eat. It hurts the wallet significantly, but it's about bonding! Almost without fail I will see someone taking notice of my bald head. I don't know what it is about my head specifically that looks so damn weird bald, but I do. I literally cover it up by wearing hats. My Ant-Man hat (bought and given to me by my good friend, Evan Dodson) has become my signature look. It is rare when you see me out and about without that hat on. Don't get me wrong, it's a killer hat and I would wear it regardless of the hair on my head. However, sometimes it would be nice not to have to cover a part of me I'm not proud of up every time I go out.

What makes my baldness even worse is that neither side of my family has bald people. I am the first person in my family to be given the bald curse. Which begs the question, why did I get this end of the stick? Why did genetics suddenly go, "Bruh, screw you!" I feel cheated, and I won't stand for it. Except I have to because Regain and other methods of gaining hair cost more than $5, which means it's out of my price range. I am forever stuck with this, and it really makes me consider throwing my hands in the air sometimes and saying, "Ay, yo! I gotta get low!"

Being bald really does make a person ponder their existence. Makes them wonder, "If only I had hair like a young John Stamos." I really don't care about how I look. However, I do wish I had hair. I could use my self-perceived creativity and do all kinds of fun designs with it. Sadly, I am stuck with one option. Scalp city. It's boring, and I can't deal with boring. So, be grateful for what is on your head. Something so basic and so easy to overlook is a precious commodity.