To The Guy From Tinder That Played With My Best Friend's Heart

You unadded her from snap within an hour. But my friend is so strong that she unadded you from her life within minutes.

167
Loic Djim // Unsplash

Dear Tinder Douche,

My best friend's motto is “catch flights not feelings” and you made her catch feelings instead of a flight. I don’t appreciate that.

You guys met on tinder which people always doom as bad but you were different. You asked her on dates and text/ snapped her every day. You were overall just really sweet to her. You guys went on dates like every week but never made it official because of your past.

You blamed the reason you didn’t want to make things serious quite yet because you were previously in an emotionally abusive relationship. Which is understanding since she really broke your heart and you didn’t think that you could ever have feelings for someone again.

But you were putting yourself out there and in technical terms, you were dating someone. And even though you putting yourself out there was making an account on tinder which is known as the “hookup app” you made it very clear to my friend that you didn’t just want a hookup.

So if your feelings were real, why break my friend's heart in a snap?

You told her you guys were safe, that there was nothing to worry about. And then you tell her that you don’t want to hang out with her anymore. You played a really good game, you strung her along far enough till you were satisfied.

You had three opportunities given to you to tell my best friend that you didn’t think this was going work. THREE! That's one too many, she shouldn't have had to ask you once. The fact that you took none of those opportunities and instead decided to have her feelings for you get stronger really shows your true colors.

Every time she asked you where you see this going your answer always brought it back to how you were hurt in the past and how you don’t know where your at “emotionally” and that you want to feel again but your afraid to open up again and that you just can’t “promise” anything right now.

What total bull crap.

What gets me the most about this whole game you played was that you made plans for the future with her, you guys weren’t even together and you talked about the future. Who does that?

I remember the day she texted me saying that you ghosted her and she was crying. You guys were supposed to hang out that day but you never texted her back until she went to work. Your excuse was that you had a long night and that you just woke up. She took your excuse. You apologized to her and said that you never meant to make her cry and you told her that you definitely did want to talk to her. You told her you would make it up to her.

The day you ended was after the day you told her that everything was going to be okay and that she had nothing to worry about. That was a big lie, huh.

You made it seem like you weren’t giving her what she wanted but she totally understood that you didn’t want anything serious right now but it can happen in the future. She told you she understood that countless times. And you still used that reason as a way to end it.

That reason was well overdue, especially for you.

If you didn’t want anything emotional at all then why go on dates with her, that’s where emotions start. Why let her spend the night at your house? Why have sex with her?

You didn’t want anything to get serious because you were emotionally scared but everything move you made was an emotional move. It makes me wonder, did you end it with her because you were a scared little boy and felt like running away from your feelings? Or was it actually because you're a douchebag and you didn’t care about her?

At the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter because she has moved on and there is no way she would give you a second chance. She's learned to call out bullshit from guys because of you. And she’s learned to not let a guy ruin or day or night.

Sincerly,

The-Girl-That-Didn't-Like-You-From-The-Start