Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures

Everyone has guilty pleasures but why do they have to be guilty, why can't they just be things that you enjoy.

17

I often get ask about what my guilty pleasures are and usually I would say watching TV and Taco Bell. Now these are still things I absolutely love and am sometimes I do indeed feel guilty about being obsessed with these things. However, awhile back I asked a friend what their guilty pleasure was and they told me that they don’t believe in guilty pleasures if you like something then you shouldn’t feel ashamed about it. You get to like what you like.

Here I am to talk about my lack of guilty pleasure and how I am embracing the things I like and trying not to be ashamed about any of it. So people ask me what my favorite TV shows are and I stop and say how much time do you have? Then this begins my list. Grey’s Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars, Jane the Virgin, Gilmore girls, Riverdale, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise, The Fosters, and honestly so much more. I used to feel guilty that I watched so much TV and had some many favorite shows. Then I realized that I read a lot still, I hang out a lot with friends, and I can be active. This made me realize that I don’t need to feel embarrassed or ashamed about the amount of TV I like. So basically Netflix is life.

Now let’s move on to this Taco Bell thing. I was ashamed because fast food is bad for you and I have always been a plus size girl so my obsession with Taco Bell just made me look extremely bad… Or so I thought. However, I love Taco Bell and I am not ashamed anymore. I don’t eat it every day; I actually haven’t had it for over 10 months. Granted I haven’t been in a country that has had Taco Bell for that long. Even if I was in a country with Taco Bell I wouldn’t eat it every day just when the cravings come up. Which if I was in America now now I would eat so much Taco Bell, which is going to be the first meal I have as soon as I get home. I don’t feel guilty about that for a second.

These are no longer guilty pleasures but instead just obsessions that I will tell people about with no fear of what people will think in anyway. Here I am believing in what I like and who I am and not caring for a second what other people think. I think that it is also important for you all to discover that also. If you think something is great and you love it. Do not feel embraced, ashamed, or guilty about it. It’s your life and you deserve to like what you like. I promise once you realize this you will begin to feel a sense of peace and I believe that you will love yourself a little more.

Guilty Pleasures shouldn’t be a thing. We shouldn’t worry about what other people think about the things we like. They don’t have to like them it’s not their life.