A Guide To Listening To Very Particular Feelings

A Listening Guide For 3 Very Particular Feelings

Here's what songs you should play when you feel these 3 very particular feelings!

30
Jeremy Elvas

FEELING:

The one where you wake up, after days or weeks or months of feeling like shit and not wanting to do anything with your life because your ex broke your heart, and decide to get the hell out of bed and start being productive and move on with your life because you finally realized that you have to, for your own sake. And, because why should you continue to let your ex control your thoughts and actions when they did such a horrible thing like break your tiny, innocent, inexperienced heart?

HOW TO LISTEN TO IT:

"Vagabond" by Wolfmother. Feel a rush of energy as the song starts out with a slow drum beat and then quickly picks up the pace. Listen to the lyrics closely. Play the song on a loudspeaker – blast it. Take a shot of vodka while you're at it, 'cause fuck your ex.

FEELING:

The one where you smoke a bit too much of the good stuff, and you suddenly get paranoid, and start thinking all these negative thoughts, like how your friends don't really like you, or how you think you look ugly whenever you look in the mirror, or how you really shouldn't have blown off writing that 5-page essay to go smoke with your friends tonight, so you go back to your room and lie in your bed to try and calm down.

HOW TO LISTEN TO IT:

"Space Song" by Beach House. Play on headphones. Let the dream pop music soothe your weary, weak and weeded brain. Clear your mind, and let the synths work their magic. Blast off to outer space, and fall asleep… And make sure you drink some water before bed as well.

FEELING:

The one where you're driving down a long road on a hot summer night, with the windows down, and maybe you're alone or with your friends, but it doesn't matter, because you're feeling more alive and younger than ever before, and you can feel the coolness of the wind coming through your windows, and you decide to blast music out of your speakers so you can feel like the hero of your own indie coming-of-age movie.

HOW TO LISTEN TO IT:

"Age of Consent" by New Order. Get dancey. Let the guitar riffs pump up your adrenaline as you drive. Play on your car radio/speaker. Loud. When I mean loud, I mean really LOUD. But not too loud that you can't hear the sounds on the road. Don't get distracted by music while you're driving. Enjoy the music responsibly.