Growing Babies Outside The Womb?

Growing Babies Outside The Womb?

The future of growing babies outside the womb may be just around the corner.
84

Within the past year an idea that has popped up about possibly being able to grow a human inside what looks to be a chamber. This may be the solution to get around having a surrogate which can be both expensive and cause emotional attachments at times.

The Par-tu-ri-ent pod, which came about as an idea by students at Artez Product Design Arnhem, offers a stable nutritional environment for the baby to grow in for 9 months. On top of the pod is a clear lid so one would be able to watch the baby evolve. There is even a portable bag that you can wear over your shoulder that replicates the kicks you would feel as if you were carrying the baby yourself.

Along with the simulated kicks, the pod has other features such as the feeding mechanism and microphone. The feeding device allows the parents to prepare food and mush it up right at home, while the microphone lets the growing baby hear the parents' voices.

So what do you think? Could this be a possibility for our future generations? Even though it is not a real product as of right now, I think we have reached big markers in the medical industry that could make this possible.