How The Grinch Stole Your Christmas Spirit

Festivities may be nauseating, but you still want to participate.

Merry Grinchmas! It's the most wonderful time of the year, or at least Andy Williams would believe. With finals week at a close and winter break now in full swing, there is nothing any of us want more than to be home. I know with the holidays approaching most of us are feeling the spirit of Christmas; however, some of us maybe not so much. If you're anything similar to me, you've probably been called the Grinch one or two times.

No, it doesn't mean we don't enjoy the holiday and what it stands for. We love coming back home to see our family and friends but we don't always enjoy listening to Christmas music two months in advance. December always brings two types of people: the Santa's helper and the Grinch.

The question is, which one are you? Here's some ways to determine if you might be more like the grumpy green Grinch this season:

1. The Christmas Music

The love-hate relationship is real. You can't stand hearing it in every store, restaurant, and house you enter, yet you can't help singing along to it anyways.W

2. Winter Clothes

You'll have an entire wardrobe filled of clothes, but somehow there is nothing good enough to wear for the holiday party you're getting ready for that night.

3. Family Drama

Coming home means explaining to your parents why you have zero money and didn't do so well on your finals. It also entails dealing with the cousins or long distance family you can't seem to ever not pick a fight with.

4. Cleaning

If you're the one hosting the family get together, you understand having to wake up at 8 A.M. to start cleaning the entire house. Yes, this involves the outside yard work as well.

5. Making Plans

Going home means making plans to see your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and dog (yes the most important one). It's hectic and stressful and sometimes you consider just canceling.

6. The Party

There's no getting out of the Christmas party, don't even try to. So, it's time to suck it up and head on out the door.

7. The Family

You begin missing home more and realize you may not actually want to go back to school. Also, you might run into your old childhood crush. Hey, it happens.

8. Presents

No, this isn't what Christmas is about, but even we get excited to open presents Christmas morning.

9. Food

You know the food is part of the reason you come home. It's okay, we understand it's not easy to resist your grandmother's cooking.

10. Christmas Morning

You will hide your love of Christmas for as long as possible, but eventually you'll admit what we all do: you love Christmas and you can't stand it.

Are you ready to admit you're probably more similar to the Grinch than you realized? Even if you absolutely love Christmas I'm sure you've had a similar experience to AT LEAST ONE of these.