Griffith Littlehale On Why Volunteering Is More Important Than Ever

Griffith Littlehale

3

Volunteering has been a significant part of Griffith Littlehale's life for as long as he can remember.

Throughout high school, for example, he worked at a local church washing dishes. He would gladly help out during any event that the church was having, including those dedicated to feeding the homeless. He even worked multiple times with the people at United Way during various food drives and similar activities.

As a Christian who is very interested in the concept of giving back, the concept of volunteering is one that is near and dear to his heart. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Griffith Littlehale believes in contributing to the community that raised and supported him via various charities and good works. From his point of view, this is an ideal that we should all aspire to - something that is true in a wide range of different ways, all of which are worth exploring.

Why Volunteering Matters

One of the biggest reasons why volunteering is so crucial, according to Griffith Littlehale, has to do with how it helps break down the types of social barriers that prevent people from succeeding in the societies that we all live in and are supported by.

Volunteering helps bring together people from different social and cultural backgrounds, something that helps us all live up to the literal definition of the term "community." We're all in this together - it is our responsibility to form something better as a collective than any one of us could be as an individual. Whether you're donating your time to a local church, food bank or similar organization, volunteering goes a long way towards accomplishing precisely that.

Another one of the reasons why volunteering is now more important than ever has to do with all that has been going on in the world for the last few years. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, it's been natural for many of us to feel isolated. We feel disconnected from the world around us in a way that we hadn't before, and from that perspective, many have suffered.

But volunteering and contributing to your community, even in some small way, helps to reverse that idea. It helps to make sure that we all have a greater sense of purpose and self-worth, one that will help us improve ourselves in the exact same way that we've improved the lives of others.

In the end, for Griffith Littlehale, the concept of volunteering is one that is omnipresent. It's not something that you "do once and forget about," so to speak. We can't forget the critical impact that we're all capable of making, even with the smallest of gestures. The type of ripple effect that even the most minor volunteer effort can make has the potential to last generations.

If you volunteer your time and support a worthy cause today, that is going to inspire someone to do the same tomorrow. Then, they'll inspire someone else, and so on and so forth. Little by little, we'll all work together to improve our lives - which is absolutely the most crucial benefit of all.