Things You've 100% Done If You Grew Up In STL

11 Things You've 100% Done If You Grew Up In STL

Other than asking everyone you meet where they went to high school, of course.

Kylie Gruender
135

Welcome to the Show Me State. We're more than just our baseball and beer (although those things are very important to us).

Here in the Lou, we share many special traditions unique to just us. We boast on our pizza, toasted ravioli, and gooey butter cake. And who can forget our wacky weather? It's almost impossible to keep tabs on since it's ever-changing. What makes this city so special to its residents are the places we've all visited while growing up. Here are some of STL's traditions you've definitely done if you grew up in St. Louis.

1. Visited the Delmar Loop

Complete with plenty of restaurants, the St.Louis Walk of Fame, and multiple concert venues; the loop is a buzzing area for all age groups.

2. Explored the St. Louis Zoo

From rivers edge to lake side crossing, the zoo has 90 acres of exhibits to visit year-round. What kid didn't love going to see all the animals going up?

3. Seen a Cardinal's Game at Busch Stadium

Who can forget those humid summer days were you and your family would head down to the ballpark to watch the Cardinals play?

4. Went on a hike at Castlewood State Park

One of STL's notable famous parks for good reason. Its got plenty of trails and a beautiful view of the Meramec river at the top.

5. Fed the goats at Grant's Farm

Bottle-feeding the baby goats at Grant's Farm was always a tradition for my family growing up and still holds a special place in my heart.

6. Gotten creative at The Magic House

The Magic House has endless fun activities that made for some of the best days when visiting as a child. My favorite area was always Children's Village, where you can shop at a mock supermarket, visit a stuffed animal vet, and pretend to be a doctor at the doll nursery.

7. Tried frozen custard from Ted Drewes

Their beloved frozen custard is a treat to eat and almost always packed every summer night.

8. Ridden Batman The Ride at Six Flags

My all-time favorite ride from Six Flags St. Louis has always been the Batman, a must-ride for every roller coaster enthusiast. Letting your feet dangle below you as you turn through the air makes your adrenaline rush like nothing else could.

9. Seen a show at the Muny in Forest Park

America's oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre venue that hosts several shows every summer. You can score cheap seats to a performance or get a season pass, but either way it's a memorable summer tradition.

10. "Stopped to smell the roses" at the Missouri Botanical Garden

After a stroll through the beautiful park area, a trip through The Butterfly House makes for an amazing day of outdoor fun.

11. Taken an elevator to the top of the Arch

Ending with one of Missouri's most famous features, the Arch is a must see for every tourist and the tallest man-made monument in the United States.