The Greatest Quarterback Ever: Tom Brady

13
Daily Snark

The story of Tom Brady is pretty familiar to most people. It is an old fashion, real life “hard work pays off” example. Brady, who was drafted into the NFL as the 199th pick from Michigan in 2000, would go on to become the best quarterback to ever play the game. Now, I know my audience, so I suspect most of you laughed or resent the fact that I make this argument. Although I grew up a diehard Patriots fan, I am an all-around sports junkie who can admit when someone or some team has better talent in comparison to my own fanbase. The statistics prove, however, that my completely biased opinion of Tom Brady is very much a plausible argument in the long debate of who the greatest QB of all time is. To further prove my opinion, here are some quick points (because listing everything would become a novel) backing up the notation why Brady is, without a doubt, the greatest:

1. From Drew Bledsoe’s back-up to Super Bowl XXXVI Champion and MVP

Brady would start the 2001 season backup to quarterback Drew Bledsoe. After Bledsoe fell due to injury during a regular season game against the Jets, the young quarterback would earn the job as the Patriots starter. The Patriots would lose to the Jets and later the Colts, making Brady seem unfit for a starting job. When the Patriots were set to face San Diego in Brady’s fifth game, however, the young quarterback seemed to have found his stride.

2. Six Super Bowl Appearances

Although two of Brady’s six appearances at the Super Bowl were losses, those losses still helped Brady grab the top spot for most appearances at the Super Bowl for a quarterback.

3. Four-Time Super Bowl Champion

1. XXXVI
  2. XXXVIII
  3. XXXIX
  4. XLIX

4. Three-Time Super Bowl MVP

1. XXXVI
  2. XXXVIII
  3. XLIX

5. Records and Statistics

With so many records Brady has shattered and set, listing every accomplishment would just become an article in its own right. Brady holds the top spot in so many statistical categories like most playoffs wins by a quarterback, most touchdowns in a Super Bowl, nominated to the Pro Bowl 12 times, and has a 97.2 passer rating. The list of statistical categories Brady hasn’t broken is a much shorter conversation.