8 Great Ways To Deal With The Stress Of School This Fall

There are resources around every corner.

12

It's hard to find ways to de-stress, especially when school starts up in the fall. So if you need any help, keep reading!

Listening to music

Curate a playlist for yourself of any and every song that soothes your soul, so you can give it a listen while you do homework or while you study!

Yoga

Yoga is meant to help you to relax and be at peace with yourself. Use it whenever you can, to keep yourself centered and totally relaxed during your most stressful times.

Spending time with your friends

Chilling out with friends is always a good way to unwind! Whether it's with one friend, or your entire crew, it can be really refreshing to be around some of the people who you love, and who love you the most.

Going to your happy place...literally

Find a place on or near campus that you can go and be completely at peace. Go there to study, or when you just need a break from the stress of it all. It's really comforting to have a safe-haven that's all your own!

Talking to someone about it

Every college or university has a counseling program available to their students for when they need someone to talk to about anything that they might be going through in their lives, so remember that if you feel like you might need it or want it, you should always take advantage of these resources!

Working out

Sometimes going for a run to get out any anxiety or jitters you may have is the best thing you can do! Run, walk, jog or hop on an elliptical and get your blood pumping and rid yourself of your fear and anxiety!

Cooking

For some people, cooking can be a really effective method of relaxation and de-stressing. Measuring ingredients, being precise, and enjoying the fruit of your labors can be a really satisfying and calming experience.

Redecorating

Something setting your anxiety off or have you in a mood? Move your furniture! You would be amazed at what turning your bed or fixing how you arrange the pillows on your couch can do for your stress! Change, especially in the small things, can feel really good! Plus, this can give you a sense of accomplishment that will definitely boost your morale!