Great Products to Get You Through Your Pregnancy

First off, congratulations on being a new mom! Things are about to change for you in more ways than you can possibly keep up with. But the good news is that people have been dealing with pregnancy for a very long time and success is the norm.

27
Your Pregnancy

First off, congratulations on being a new mom! Things are about to change for you in more ways than you can possibly keep up with. But the good news is that people have been dealing with pregnancy for a very long time and success is the norm. There is a lot of advice available on what you need to weather all these changes, and unfortunately not all of it is beneficial. Listed here are some proven items modern mothers-to-be have found to be helpful, and sometimes indispensable. You deserve to be celebrated and cared for as much as your little one, so throw yourself a mom shower and gather some help for the next nine months.

Vitamins

The last thing you want to think about while dealing with morning sickness is having to choke down an oversized multi-vitamin. Switching up to gummy vitamins may be the workaround you need to get those essential nutrients in your diet. The sweet taste and fruit snack texture will make getting your baby building nutrition a treat.

You may want to add in some immunity boosting gummies like vitamin C and zinc. You likely have also been told by your doctor to take folic acid if you have not already started. These are also available as gummy vitamins. Whatever you decide to add in as a supplement, do your research and ask your doctor to ensure safety for you and your baby.

Acupressure Wristbands

While on the subject of morning sickness, you have probably already been advised on ways to get past the nausea. An acupressure wristband targets the pulse point inside of the wrist with a gentle pressure or light electrical stimulus. The band confuses the nerve signals that cause a nauseated feeling and potentially provides a sense of calm. There are no chemicals involved, so this may be your safe solution to battle nausea.

Filtered Water Bottle

Staying hydrated during pregnancy is crucial. Finding a water bottle with a built in filter and BPA free plastic is a smart purchase. Brita has a nice version that cleans up easily and comes in a few sizes. Throw in a few ice cubes and keep it filled nearby for sipping throughout your day and thank yourself later for instilling a healthy habit.

If the idea of plain water stirs up nausea, a bottle with an infusion filter can be filled with fruit or herbal teas that steep and flavor all day. When caffeine is back on the menu you can use these bottles to make an overnight cold brew coffee. The Snarky Teas BRUW make cold brewing any drink simple and tasty.

Pregnancy Pillow

Unfortunately, sleep is not going to be what it was before pregnancy for quite some time for most moms. As your pregnancy progresses, getting comfortable enough to sleep will become more difficult. Shopping for a pregnancy pillow may be the best decision you can make to support your body as it adapts to carrying your baby. A U-shaped body pillow is a versatile option that hugs and elevates just where your body needs it most as you rest.

Weighted Blanket

Another weapon to win your much needed rest is a soft, weighted blanket. While it's possible you may not want the additional warmth, the deep pressure therapy a quality weighted blanket provides will provide a great deal of comfort that can improve your state of mind and your sleep. A blanket with a removable, washable cover is best to keep it clean after the baby arrives.

Compression Socks

Some form of edema happens in most pregnancies. With edema there is the risk that it is evidence of preeclampsia or deep vein thrombosis. If you are experiencing swollen feet during pregnancy it's a good idea to invest in some quality compression socks. The compression will aid circulation and reduce any venous pressure in your feet and legs. While it may not prevent preeclampsia, it will provide a great deal of comfort and ease potential swelling.

Belly Bands and Leggings

A belly band can cover your belly and the top of your pants when you can no longer button or zip a favorite pair of jeans during early pregnancy. When jeans are no longer an option, a comfortable pair of leggings that stretch to hold your growing belly may be your go to choice for bottoms. There are versions that look fairly professional for casual office wear if you are yet to reach maternity leave. Anything that is comfortable and allows for healthy circulation is what matters the most.

Maternity and Nursing Bras

Soma and Motherhood are just two of the many shopping options when looking for a well made nursing bra. Have in mind what is important to you and do a little research to find the perfect bra for you. Most moms experience a bit of trial and error with this, and a lot of it has to do with rapid body changes that the body is experiencing. Soft nursing pads are also something worth mentioning here to absorb any potential leaks.

Skin Care

There is no way to predict exactly what the hormonal changes that take place in the body during pregnancy are going to do to your skin. It's safe to say that you may need to change your beauty routine, and simplify where you can. Wow Skin Science has a line of products that can address all skin types and problems. Their blends have delicious scents and a luxurious feel that will make the sanctuary of a bath or shower cravable. New moms deserve a treat like yummy soaps and lotions to soothe their ever changing bodies.

Belly Butter

Your skin's elasticity can only extend so far without some discomfort and stretch marks. There are creams and butters from Burt's Bees or Mama Mio that can ease the tightness and itch with all-natural safe moisturizers. Some moms swear by the use of simple coconut oil to ease the effects and scarring from constantly stretching skin. The important thing is to keep your skin healthy and hydrated to accommodate your growing baby.

Hair Care

Pregnancy has likely changed your hair and scalp conditions with all its hormonal shifts. You may be thinking you need to wash your hair multiple times a day due to oiliness or shedding. If you are seeing more flakes on your shoulders you may be wondering about dandruff vs dry scalp. Dry scalp is exactly that, it becomes itchy and irritated which causes flaking. Dandruff is caused by too much oil on your scalp which causes a buildup of skin cells and then subsequent shedding. Once you have determined the cause of the flaking, choose a professional quality shampoo and conditioner to get the problem under control.

This may seem like a lot, and you can trust that there is much more out there that this list missed. You can use this as a solid start and adjust as you see fit through your own experience and with good advice from your fellow moms. What is important is that you and your child are healthy and enjoying the bonding that takes place during pregnancy and beyond.