5 TV Shows That Were Canceled Way Too Soon

We never got the endings we deserved.

29

.

1. MVP

MVP was a Canadian show that aired in 2008 on CBC Television. Focusing on hockey players and their wives, girlfriends, and families, MVP told the story of Gabe: The team captain, Trevor: The rookie, and Damon: The ladies man. This show only lasted for one season, but over the course of 10 episodes, we saw the characters go through an incredible amount of development and growth, as well as an incredible amount of struggle and downfalls. The plot was centered not on hockey, but on how the pressure of the fame and the game can impact the player's lives. This story was an absolute whirlwind, and even 10 years after the cancellation, I've never stopped wondering what would have happened.

2. Scream Queens

In 2015, the world was introduced to The Chanels, and I've never been the same. Scream Queens focused on a college campus that had a serial killer problem, specifically centering on the Kappa Kappa Tau sorority. This show changed how I look at humor. It was insulting and it didn't care what message it conveyed, because that's how the characters were too. Chanel Oberlin was the definition of a bully, but she was so interesting to watch that viewers prayed that she wouldn't be killed off in this weeks episode. Scream Queens made it to the second season, and it was just as cutting and funny as the first, but viewers weren't as interested in the identity of the Green Meanie as they were in the Red Devil. Setting the show in a hospital wasn't as interesting or relatable as setting it on a college campus, and I think that that was the downfall of the show. Luckily, Scream Queens gave viewers an ending that we were satisfied with, but that doesn't mean that we didn't want more.

3. Eastwick 

Based on "The Witches of Eastwick", Eastwick was a part of ABC's Fall lineup in 2009. Much like the original story, Eastwick focused on three women living in a small town, who were dissatisfied with their lives. They meet Darryl Van Horne, who informs them of their abilities as witches. Joanna was telekinetic, and she was able to control men. Kat could control the elements and heal patients at the hospital with just a touch. Roxie was clairvoyant, and she had the deepest relationship with Darryl. After only one season, ABC made the horrible mistake of canceling Eastwick, leaving viewers wondering how the women were going to get out of some unfortunate situations and what Darryl's true intentions were.

4. The Gates 

Another great and short-lived show from ABC, The Gates was about a gated community that held more secrets than it cared to admit. The Gates was home to not only humans, but witches, werewolves, vampires, and even a succubus. The gates followed the Monahan family as they moved into the community and slowly discovered the dangers and secrets of their new home. Viewers had to figure out for themselves who was trustworthy and who wasn't. Unfortunately, The Gates was canceled after only one season, and viewers were left on a huge cliffhanger.

5. A to Z

A to Z aired on NBC and starred Ben Feldman as Andrew, and Christin Milioti as Zelda, hence the title, "A to Z". The series was supposed to follow their relationship from their first meeting until their relationship ended. Viewers found out early on that Zelda and Andrew would not be together forever, and they do break up in the finale of the first season. However, the episode ends with the pair possibly reconciling. Zelda's best friend thinks that they just weren't meant to be, while Andrew's best friend is firm of his belief that the two will get married. Viewers are left wondering if the couple will ever get back together, but I'm hopeful for these two fictional characters.